Muir Hill A5000

Discuss wheel loaders here

essexpete

Re: Muir Hill A5000

Post #21 by essexpete » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:38 am

https://www.muir-hill.co.uk/

Might be worth a try.
I don't know anything about the machine, but things tend to get disconnected for a quick bodge. Could be anything from a malfunctioning valve, pipe damage (less likely) or steering ram failure perhaps. I am guessing that the pressurised hydraulic fluid will come from an orbitrol steering unit to some kind of selector/diverter valve? I wonder if the system is similar to our Manitou based New Holland telehandler. The selection of steering mode is by a manual valve.

Karlsson1
Flag: Sweden

Post #22 by Karlsson1 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:00 am

I tried that link and lokks like a good site but it is not updated and you can not reach anything. Have tried email them now to see.
All things look ok in the rear steering and selector valve, but mabe some trouble comes up when it is conected again. The steering is not orbitrol, it is manual stering box with a valve on the first linkage, and now the two outlines (right/left) are directly connected to the front axel. There is a manual selector valve on the floor. This valve is conected to pressure and return, and two lines to the rear axel, and two lines going forward and then plugged. This selector valve has no conection to the steering valve at this moment, and i dont understand how i have been from the beggining.

essexpete

Post #23 by essexpete » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:15 pm

That is quite an old fashioned set up then. There are a few clips of these machines working on YouTube. I wonder if you might contact that way with someone who has a similar machine?

Return to “Wheel Loaders”