Muir Hill A5000

Discuss wheel loaders here

hair bear
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Muir Hill A5000

Post #11 by hair bear » Sat May 06, 2017 10:18 pm

Perseverance pays off!
If a LandRover doesn't leak oil, it's run out.

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #12 by Mrsmackpaul » Sun May 07, 2017 12:49 am

looks like its all systems go now
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

jani.sarkijarvi
Flag: Finland

Post #13 by jani.sarkijarvi » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Hey I am Finnish and I myself have muirhill A5000 wheel machine. I have a problem with that machine since it went out of control pump broken, and I do not know what pump it is. I have tried to remove the pump but could not get it out of the pump is such a difficult place. Can anyone help me with this!

Jeremy Rowland

Post #14 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:18 pm

jani.sarkijarvi wrote:Hey I am Finnish and I myself have muirhill A5000 wheel machine. I have a problem with that machine since it went out of control pump broken, and I do not know what pump it is. I have tried to remove the pump but could not get it out of the pump is such a difficult place. Can anyone help me with this!

Hi Jani and welcome :wave: which pump are you referring to? The fuel injection pump? the fuel lift pump? or the hydraulic pump? I am sure that somebody could offer you some advice. :thumbup:

Jeremy

jani.sarkijarvi
Flag: Finland

Post #15 by jani.sarkijarvi » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:19 am

steering pump :)

essexpete

Post #16 by essexpete » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:30 pm

How about contacting this company? https://www.muir-hill.co.uk/

They appear to have recently renewed their website and there is not much on there at the moment.

So it has a separate steering pump from the main hydraulics? If so it is likely to be driven by a belt or bolted directly to the engine, usually at the front of the engine.

Topic author
taurus MK1
Flag: Great Britain

Post #17 by taurus MK1 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:01 pm

Hi Jani

Some information the steering is actuated by a flow controlled vane type pump,driven directly from the front of the transmission. The oil delivery is approximately proportional to the speed of the drive,but the volume delivered to the ram is limited by a flow control valve which bleeds off excess hydraulic oil and returns it to the hydraulic tank.
The pump is driven by a short shaft,early version had a spline one end and was keyed the transmission end,later version was splined each end. In the back of my mind I think I have heard of these shafts failing. Part number for splined both ends is 252237.
You could have a problem with the steering valve under the cab.
Now getting to that pump........! Not good as with most items on the machine,I will have a look at mine and also make an enquiry for you.

Cheers John

allistairc123

Post #18 by allistairc123 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Just got ours going today after sitt8ng for three years !. Very 8nterest8ng to learn there are 4 forward gears ! We thought it was very slow lol, how do you select high and low ? And I have another mystery, where is the transmission level dipstick Or sight gauge ??

allistairc123

Post #19 by allistairc123 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:31 pm

So I’ve been chipping away at the old girl, turns out it’s two speed only.
Next problem ... I have lost all drive.
Does anyone know what the brake line going to the transmission control valve does ? I’m assuming it’s some sort of brake activated neutraliser ?

Karlsson1
Flag: Sweden

Post #20 by Karlsson1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:35 pm

Hi.
I´m trying to wake this tread up! I have recently got hold on a Muir Hill A5000 with ford engine. She has been sitting for about 20-25 years so she is not in the best condition. I had to take down the injectors and clean them and clean the injection pump, and then she started just fine!! I have renovated the brakes and now they are just fine. left 2 tires to workshop today and soon she will be out on her first run in ages!

My problem now is the steering. Earier owner have disconecct the steering, from the switch (front/allwheel stering) and all the way back to rear axel. I can only steer the front axel. I can see 2 pipes under thats been plugged, and 2 hoses from the steering valve direct to the front axel but i cant figure out how it is suppost to be connected. I know he had some problems with this steering but i realy want to get it running again.

Does anyone have a manual or parts list where you can see how these lines should be from the beggining?

Is there anyone out there who has a Muir Hill and are able to take som pictures of the hudralic lines for the steering so i could see?

I have been looking for some kind of book for this beauty to download all over the net, but i cant find something so i would be very happy for some help!!!

Kindly Anders from Sweden

Return to “Wheel Loaders”