yale 164a wheeled loader

Discuss wheel loaders here

Topic author
padraig

yale 164a wheeled loader

Post #1 by padraig » Mon May 05, 2014 11:16 pm

Hello, glad to be a new member and I suppose not untypically my first post is a request for help on information. Specifically I require information on a Yale 164a wheeled loader. Made in 1970, I think in Britain, torque converter + clarke type built under licence in Belguim-eaton yale and towne. Trojan-yale and towne hydrostatic transmission with 4 wheel drive and 2 ratios. I bought it more than 20 years ago at Cheffin Grain and Comyns machinery auction in Cambridge. Made it usebale(ish) and is still in use occassionally but requires attention. The engine is a good old perkins 6.354. One of the stories I heard when I was parts hunting after buying it was that when the factory ceased production in Britain that a ship-load of parts was dumped at sea. Seems incredible but who knows? The Trojan brand is common in USA. Lots of parts manuals etc. available for other models but no info. on 164a. If they were made in Britain I'm sure someone out there has info. Perhaps they were in common use on that side of the pond? My lack of skill in transferring photos thro' the ether is only surpassed by my ropey understanding of hydrostatic and power hydraulic circuits or at least in my understanding of why manufacturers choose particular ways to build such systems. I am working on both skill sets and hope to be able to post some pictures in the near future. Any help with information will be appreciated. Thanks and kind regards, Paddy.

RossHarv

Re: yale 164a wheeled loader

Post #2 by RossHarv » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:41 am

Hi Padraig, howd you go getting a hold of info about your Loader? I may have the same beast here in NSW, Australia. I need a manual to diagnose a problem I'm having at the moment (see my post on this forum). regds Ross

Osgood
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by Osgood » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Yale became Trojan, factory not far from Niagra Falls. I used to buy parts direct from Trojan and ship into UK. They were bought out by O&K Faun who eventually ceased production. If you check out Yale spares you should find a U.S. dealer who can supply a fair bit of stuff and whom I think bought the remaining spares stock from O&K. I'll have to look through my files and see what info I have on the dealer.

Here's a 1976 2000C I was using recently :rockon:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RossHarv

Post #4 by RossHarv » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:13 am

thanks Osgood. looking forward to your findings. My loader is a fair bit smaller than your 2000 by the looks of it. Good machine? Ill put up some more shots of my 134 for all to see. cheers Ross
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Wheel Loaders”