Slick Tyres

Discuss wheel loaders here

gah1950
Flag: Wales

Re: Slick Tyres

Post #11 by gah1950 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:41 am

hiya martin.
just moved a new 777f down from cannock to nant helen yesterday/today,got another one next week cannock to east pit, and a cat 992d from croxden quarry near stoke on trent back to our yard,keep me occupied for a few days.that 944 in the picture has i think a leverton design cab on it there were some slightly different that particular cab in as much some had sliding doors and some had conventional doors,a couple of other makes were available /westlode / cabcraft/tractor vision.that photo is of the old 56 reg lorry at bridge street pontypridd.barry said he would dig out some old photos of an f88 volvo tractor unit and trailer with a new cat977Ls /n 48j1620 outside bowmakers that i once drove for him i havent seen nothing that pushed better than the 977L, awesome power.
regards graham.

Topic author
Neversweat
Flag: Great Britain

Post #12 by Neversweat » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:11 pm

B100 LOADER wrote:Tidy looking machine there Steve.Do you know if its for sale ? 920/922 ?
Martyn

I went back there yesterday (23/01/10) - they use it most days and don't want to sell :(

Cheers
Steve :thumbup:

modelman093

Post #13 by modelman093 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:45 pm

gah1950 wrote:hiya martin.
other makes were available /westlode / cabcraft/tractor vision.that photo is of the old 56 reg
regards graham.

Westlode was the name that Levertons used for some of their own manufactured products - their spalding Depot was in Westlode Street. In the early 60's when I worked for Cat, as well as making and marketing cabs, Levertons used to assemble their own gensets using Cat engines and bought in alternators and sell them under the Westlode name. Not sure why this was so when Cat made a full range of gensets themselves. May have been due to availability or tariff barriers with the US made product. Also, the North Sea gas fields were just being opened up and this could have caused a shortage of gensets for use on rigs etc.
Angus

modelman093

Post #14 by modelman093 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:47 pm

gah1950 wrote:hiya martin.
other makes were available /westlode / cabcraft/tractor vision.that photo is of the old 56 reg
regards graham.

Westlode was the name that Levertons used for some of their own manufactured products - their Spalding Depot was in Westlode Street. In the early 60's when I worked for Cat, as well as making and marketing cabs, Levertons used to assemble their own gensets using Cat engines and bought in alternators and sell them under the Westlode name. Not sure why this was so when Cat made a full range of gensets themselves. May have been due to availability or tariff barriers with the US made product. Also, the North Sea gas fields were just being opened up and this could have caused a shortage of gensets for use on rigs etc.
Angus

martyn williams

Post #15 by martyn williams » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:18 pm

Thanks for checking Steve :thumbup:
Martyn

Return to “Wheel Loaders”