UK Coals minorca site pics

Jeremy Rowland

Re: UK Coals minorca site pics

Post #11 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:42 am

Ross wrote:
Gavin84w wrote:
Ross wrote:4th from bottom.

:wtf: :doh:

Public right of way just lends to the rising costs of running these operations.

Yes, but i bet if they did not comply with this they would not have got the operational approvals they needed. It,s all about working with local communities to be a "good neighbor"

Yeah 100% Agree but it just shows that the Gov and local authority are more concerned with keeping a bunch of ramblers happy over the lively hood of 50 men. Not to mention the taxation rights and locally produced coal Benefits.

They would rarther import coal and see these men on the job seeker line.

Here they would just over ride that public right of way and lease the property to the mining company. Heck they have just sat back and watched ' Eagle' mountain disappear of the last few decades.

Imagine if UK Coal wanted to mine A mountain the Lake District Ha Ha Ha.

Quite agree with you Ross :thumbup: The trouble is that over here you always have a case of the 'tail wagging the dog' and thats why this country is falling to pieces!

Jeremy

L.Kezz
Flag: Great Britain

Post #12 by L.Kezz » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:07 pm

Phil,

Great Pictures there :thumbup: I'm heading down there with a bit of luck this month in hope to get some shots, I was wondering how would I get to that crossing? Is there a street or road that I can get access to it from? I am not from the area but I am only a 40 minute drive away.

Regards
Cheers

L.Kezz

Topic author
Pblack

Post #13 by Pblack » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:05 pm

L.Kezz wrote:Phil,

Great Pictures there :thumbup: I'm heading down there with a bit of luck this month in hope to get some shots, I was wondering how would I get to that crossing? Is there a street or road that I can get access to it from? I am not from the area but I am only a 40 minute drive away.

Regards

Hi L.Kezz,

Well it's been about 6 months since I had a good walk around the place & when I walked down to the crossing they had just about taken it all out!

Obviously the public footpath still runs down there but the is no activity at that part of the mine at the moment. The crossing was only installed while the dumpers were driving across the ft path to take topsoil / spoil to be stored on the east side of the pit for re use in later reclamation. I assume when this takes place the road will be opened up with the manned crossing re installed...

The footpath is accessed off Bosworth Road, adjacent to the Bosworth Rd / Quarry Lane junction South of the pit.

My advice would be to have a walk around, though I think the best vantage point at the moment would be sat on one of the mounds to the north of the pit off Swepstone Rd. They have just demolished a farm there and extended the pit slightly.it would mean hopping over a short stock fence......

Hope this makes sense?

Phil.

L.Kezz

Post #14 by L.Kezz » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:47 pm

Makes sense Phil, thanks for that, I'm off down there on Monday around midday so I will have the rest of the day to have a walk round and see what's what. I'll make a note of the roads to get to.
Cheers

L.Kezz

hair bear

Post #15 by hair bear » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:36 am

I'm puzzled about the dumper with the lifebelt, I would have thought from that height you'd be better off with a parachute!
If a LandRover doesn't leak oil, it's run out.

L.Kezz

Post #16 by L.Kezz » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:16 am

Phil,

I managed to get down and I see what you mean about the crossing, it's gone! I followed the footpath all the way up to Swepstone Road and turned left, heading back towards Bosworth Road in hope of seeing something. I could always hear the engines of the RH from the road. In the end I managed to find a gap in the hedge along Bosworth Road not far from the actual site entrance, as I was heading back down towards the footpath. I managed to catch the sight of the RH120-C loading 777F's. It seemed to be the only big machines working that day, all of the other 777's were parked. I have some photo's that I will post up later this week.
Cheers

L.Kezz

Return to “Mining equipment”