Trapped Miners in Wales

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Trapped Miners in Wales

Post #11 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:37 pm

This is very sad news for all and I am sure we can all feel for those families that have suffered loss at this sad time :(
Once again deep pit coal mining proves that even with todays high safety standards this is still a very dangerous job.
Very sad for all concerned.

Jeremy

plantman

Post #12 by plantman » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:02 pm

Very sad, these men work so hard and do a job that I could not do under ground, even thinking of been under ground puts shivers up my spine. God bless them and there kin. We stood for a minute at the Ulster rubgy match last nite with hope the last man would be found alive, sad news today.

martyn williams

Post #13 by martyn williams » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:59 pm

They were saying on our local news that the miners did not make much money,these people just don't get it. At least they had their self respect and tried to scratch out a living to support their families instead of sitting around . Our MP's and media have no idea :dizzy:
Mining is an industry with lots of risks,Both my grandads died of the dreaded " dust " But they accepted the risks in their job. We had deaths in Portalbot Steelwork. You just have to minimise the risks. Mp's have got a hazzardous job,they can get caught fiddling , or choke on their food.
Anyway,I feel so sad for those families .They should not feel alone as they are in a lot of peoples thoughts.
When we do the heritage park event we hope to raise some funds for them.
Martyn

Return to “Mining equipment”