Scottish Coal

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Scottish Coal

Post #21 by Joes1989 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Theres parts of a 285 demag in E P Industries at Pye Bridge near alfreton......not sure where it came from though.

Topic author
argie
Flag: Wales

Post #22 by argie » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:46 pm

Backhoe or face shovel Joe? There was an exDyggor Gaylord 285 face shovel stuck at the back of Heanors old yard in Langley Mill. There was also a Dyggor Gaylord RB195 there too. Both were in excellent condition.
Paul

SRB

Post #23 by SRB » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Sure its not a 185 Joe?

He had an ex Coal Contractors one in ,we had the running gear off it early last year.......

SB
He who hingeth aboot, getteth hee-haw

Joes1989

Post #24 by Joes1989 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:05 am

Its a backhoe paul.....

Stuart,

Im sure it says 285 on it! Ill have a drive down today with the camera and post them in here! Its pretty damn big any way, I could be wrong haha

Ross

Post #25 by Ross » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:43 pm

argie wrote:Hi Simon,

The RH120C in bits was at Glentaggart. This mine is now in restoration and waiting to commence an extension.
The RH120E was one of the first at Scottish Coal but had been plagued by faults and cracks to the frame from what I have been told.
I will see my friend this week to see if he can get some photos of the cut up machines as he does all the cutting up for the company.
Paul

Glentaggart closed? Sure they had a 120E there as well .. You could see while driving along the A70.

The First 120E Scottish coal was the back actor at Penny venny? (Also the first 120E Backactor ever made?)

Is that the one they cut? I know they had real problems with it .. ATH had real problems withere back actor thats why we swapped it over to shovel.

Topic author
argie

Post #26 by argie » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:46 pm

Last time I spoke to management at Scottish Coal they were and are still waiting for planning consent on a number of sites.

Shewington (newbigging) is in final restoration and for anyone worried about having an opencast in their back yard, the restoration already completed on this site is astounding. The land has been restored to a very high standard :brravo:

Glentaggart - waiting for planning for an extension called Townhill.
Ponesk - Struggling to find good coal! :arrrrgh:
Powharnal - in part restoration awaiting an extension
House of water - coming to an end of production but going straight into Piper Hill

These are the ones I can talk about, there are quite a few others due to come online soon......

As for the breaking up of older kit, I get to know about most bits that get done so will endeavour to find out more info on the 120E which has met the gas axe

Paul

Ross

Post #27 by Ross » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:27 pm

Coal mining aint dead in the UK .. Thats for sure .. Never thought we would see anything bigger than a 777 these days but proved wrong ..

As for the breaking up of older kit, I get to know about most bits that get done so will endeavour to find out more info on the 120E which has met the gas axe

Am sure you will come up with something mate :thumbup:

Topic author
argie

Post #28 by argie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:02 am

Don't think we'll see bigger than the new 785s at Brokencross. I hear on the grapevine that the UK COAL 789s have been shipped out to Australia :?:

Paul

Ross

Post #29 by Ross » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:31 am

argie wrote:Don't think we'll see bigger than the new 785s at Brokencross. I hear on the grapevine that the UK COAL 789s have been shipped out to Australia :?:

Paul

I remember GAV saying something about 789's going to Aus and being overhauled etc .. Maybe he will pipe in ..

Do you think the 9350 will be the biggest new digger we will see in the UK?

Tracshovel
Flag: France

Post #30 by Tracshovel » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:07 am

The Glentaggart Extension planning application was accepted by S. Lanarkshire Council just before Christmas. So looks like good news for the workers. But some of their other applications are still being bogged down by the NIMBY brigade.

Do you think the 9350 will be the biggest new digger we will see in the UK?

I heard a rumour that something bigger is in the pipeline ;) .......... remains to be seen what the ever changing livery boys do ??

And just for a blast from the past, proving that old dogs take their time to die, an oldie from the Miller fleet. Bonus points if anybody can tell me it's fleet number ?? (Was it MM0471 ??) It did end up under Scottish Coal's ownership and worked in Ayrshire until it was recycled.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Mining equipment”