Newbie 200B

Discuss track loaders here

Topic author
Pipelinewelder20

Newbie 200B

Post #1 by Pipelinewelder20 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:38 pm

Hey guys, newbie here and I have a feeling this forum will come in real handy. I am currently looking at drott 200b with the 3cyl engine and the 4 and 1 bucket. I do know that it is a good running machine with no apparent leaks or issues, although when it sets the left steering clutch sticks a little. My question is what should I be looking at on these machines and how reliable is this 3cyl Perkins engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JimInOz
Flag: Australia

Re: Newbie 200B

Post #2 by JimInOz » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:09 am

They were popular here in Australia.I always found the 3-152 engine reliable & easy to start.The MF200s had a very good boom lift height,so could load a tipper OK.This made them popular with owner-operators.....put the machine in the tip truck & head off to the job.Most had rippers & 4in1 bucket.
As with all dry steer machines,steer clutches are often found to be needing service or replacement.You can get these discs aftermarket now.
Some parts are tough to get,while undercarriage & engine parts are easily got.
Later 200s had an oil shuttle,as opposed to the mechanical shuttle in earlier machines.
Good luck with the old girl. :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martyn williams

Post #3 by martyn williams » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:21 am

The old M F 200's are a good machines, the three cylinder Perkins is a reliable unit.
Martyn

County1174lwb
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by County1174lwb » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:33 pm

The Perkins 3.152 and it's derivatives must be one of the most common engines in the world, as long as they have not been overheated they seem to clock thousands of hours no problem. I have a little MF 135 which has been in the family from new in 1967 and that has now got a genuine 11000 hours on it and never been rebuilt..! Needs a bit of heat in the winter mind :-)

Was the 200b built in Manchester by MF or is it a Hanomag product?

Gavin Phillips

Post #5 by Gavin Phillips » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:23 pm

County1174lwb wrote:Was the 200b built in Manchester by MF or is it a Hanomag product?

I have two brochures covering the MF 200B, one for the loader unit only and the second featuring the loader with a backhoe attachment. Stamped with the company Windsor & Stephenson Ltd (Mansfield), one is dated 1978 and the other undated. I've found at least one auction website featuring a MF 200B loader for sale listing it as a 1960 model.

When did the conglomerate IBH company come into being?

The only track loaders I'm aware of that were made by the Hanomag company in this era are the L-series ranging from the L400 to the L700. Terex (part of the IBH group) also produced these for a while but I'm not sure if any were ever sold, rebaged as an MF machine?

The so-called MF "bulldozers" for sure look like the Hanomag machines, even used the same model numbers.

Best regards

Gavin
Look out that window, Eden isn't burning. Its burnt.

Return to “Track Loaders”