JCB Tracked Loaders.

Discuss track loaders here

Joes1989
Flag: Great Britain

Re: JCB Tracked Loaders.

Post #21 by Joes1989 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:11 pm

I know where you mean! You can come out that way from oakerthorpe!
When i get my car ill go and have a look for those!

Joe

Jeremy Rowland

Post #22 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:00 am

Here's an old JCB track loader that is part of S.E. Davis collection, I am not sure of the exact model number though. :D

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martyn williams

Post #23 by martyn williams » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:04 pm

There is one for sale up the valleys,went to look at it.Needs a fair bit of work on it but it is complete.B R had one of these based at Cardiff Cathays depot when I was an apprentice.I was impressed by how fast they were,ahead of their time.Wonder why JCB never developed them further ?
Martyn

Gavin Phillips

Post #24 by Gavin Phillips » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:39 pm

B100 LOADER wrote:There is one for sale up the valleys,went to look at it.Needs a fair bit of work on it but it is complete.B R had one of these based at Cardiff Cathays depot when I was an apprentice.I was impressed by how fast they were,ahead of their time.Wonder why JCB never developed them further ?
Martyn

According to JCB: The First 50 Years, the crawler loader market at the time was in a slump, also at the same time the hydraulic excavator industry was really taking off as more than just a basic digging machine. Maybe there are more factors involved however.

I do believe Komatsu was still producing their "dozer shovels" until the early 1990's?

The combination of a global slump in the track loader market, the rise in popularity of the hydraulic excavator plus the fact such companies as Caterpillar dominating the crawler loader scene at the time.

Was JCB with its 3-model production line really doing itself any good by keeping the 110/B/112/114 lines open; or could it use that factory space to make something which would sell in greater numbers? The loadall machines being a good example.
Look out that window, Eden isn't burning. Its burnt.

brian

Post #25 by brian » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:47 pm

Hi. I had the misfortune to be spend time on one of these brutes, I think a 112, in the '80's. In my opinion they failed because they were bad from an operator's point of view. It had two track levers, which were so stiff it killed your shoulder, and to do more than a gentle turn was a two-handed job, as no-one has a handspan wide enough to steer one-handed. As for running rings around Cats of the same era, no-way. A 951 or 955 were as fast over the ground, quicker on the levers and a lot less tiring.

When I shot the thing off a low-loader, the only one on the company who wasn't sorry was the boss, who understandably showed his appreciation by widening my employment oportunities.

I've operated Cat, Komatsu, International, Leibherr drotts and I'd pick any over a JCB, and I still prefer the old machines with the engine at the front. In my opinion, JCB's biggest mistake was in not fitting a blade to the front instead of a bucket. It would have made a better dozer than drott.

sean

JCB TRACK LOADERS

Post #26 by sean » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:56 am

Hello all,here are some jcb track loader pics from my archives,sean :thumbup:

Topic author
IBH

Re: JCB TRACK LOADERS

Post #27 by IBH » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:22 pm

Nice photos, thank you for sharing them :claphands:
In case anybody hasn't seen it, there is another thread for JCB tracked loaders here:
JCB Tracked Loaders.
Unfortunately UCS Civils and UCS plant called in the receivers this week:
http://www.contractjournal.com/Articles ... rship.html

Martyn Henley

Post #28 by Martyn Henley » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:31 pm

:thumbup: Thank you IBH ... must of been dozing :dizzy: :lol:

Martyn :wave:

usedjcbdave

Post #29 by usedjcbdave » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:33 pm

Attached are a couple of spec sheets on the JCB tracked shovels,hope they are of interest ! The first pic is the original JCB 110 launched in 1971.The main problem on these were the rapid track wear,so JCB introduced the 110B with "Supertrac"-whereas the depth of hardness was increased on the tracks and beefed up somewhat.Also another complaint on the 100 series was the forward/reverse/contra track lever control being at arms length from the operator,resulting in major arm ache and cramps !
jcb 110.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sean

Post #30 by sean » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:15 pm

Hi,has any one seen my you tube post of my jcb 110,sadly i sold it a few years ago now,if i remember corectly it was number 19 of the production line,it had the larger six cylinder perkins transplanted in,i spent a fair bit of cash restoring it and tc harrison jcb at sheffield were abel to get me track seals, parts and manuals ect.i will post some pics of it,and another thing is they only oporated as fast as you made them go as you will see on my you tube site.sean :P

Return to “Track Loaders”