JCB Tracked Loaders.

Discuss track loaders here

brian

Re: JCB Tracked Loaders.

Post #51 by brian » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:47 pm

Got to be honest guys, I can't see the attraction of possibly the only hydrostatic machine that was harder to drive than a traxcavator or Drott with manual gearbox and clutch. I wonder if anyone has happy memories of putting in a serious day's work on one? I certainly don't.

shovel man
Flag: Great Britain

Post #52 by shovel man » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:59 pm

Thanks for the info Martyn and IBH,

I should have known it was at the JCB factory I can remember seeing there when we had a trip around the
production line about 15 or 20 years ago.

Richard.

TaylorLambert

Post #53 by TaylorLambert » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:51 am

It looked way ahead of its time, but the one thing I saw from an inside pic was the 2 center mounted drive controls. Maybe if they had been put on the side of the left armrest like a Dresser dozer. I ran a Morooka Rubber tracked loader once with the steering set up like this and it was tiring.

brian

Post #54 by brian » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:13 pm

TaylorLambert wrote:It looked way ahead of its time, but the one thing I saw from an inside pic was the 2 center mounted drive controls. Maybe if they had been put on the side of the left armrest like a Dresser dozer. I ran a Morooka Rubber tracked loader once with the steering set up like this and it was tiring.

That was the real killer. The levers were quite stiff to push, and it was hard to do a tight turn one-handed, unless you actually let one lever go, so steering and working the hydraulics simultaneously was quite a feat.

ontick2
Flag: Great Britain

Post #55 by ontick2 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:59 pm

We had 2 of these and if set up properly there was no weight on the levers.I run liebherrs now and my old man used to say that there is more pressure against the lever than on the jcb.

thanks lee.

ps but saying that i have 2 for restoration and the levers are as stiff as they come.

brian

Post #56 by brian » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:56 pm

I don't think it was so much how they were set, our machine was in regular use and everything worked freely, but it was the strength of the springs in the levers and having to hold them at strange angles that was the pain. Maybe JCB took this on board with later machines, but the early ones were hard work.

Return to “Track Loaders”