BTD6 Drott

Discuss track loaders here

Topic author
martyn williams

Re: BTD6 Drott

Post #41 by martyn williams » Sat May 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Starting to take shape,but lots of rubbing down to do.
Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dpan
Flag: United States of America

Post #42 by dpan » Mon May 28, 2012 1:31 pm

Martyn whats the saying, " where there is the will there is a way". Do you have enough room on the sides of tractor to use a cheater pipe if necessary. Isn't the shop with the big blue roof fun to work under. Good job.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #43 by martyn williams » Mon May 28, 2012 5:14 pm

My air con workshop is ok to work in the summer.A very large tabby cat has made a home on the seat of this machine and hides under the tarp, he is not to happy when I use my sander as it disturbs his sleep. :lol:
I am thinking of getting a large tent when I spray the machine
Martyn

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #44 by martyn williams » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:49 pm

Got a couple of days off now,started the glowplug conversion. Rain forcast for the weekend aaarrrrrr
Martyn

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #45 by martyn williams » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:45 am

Glowplug conversion complete and tested ok .A quick job with good results.
Martyn

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #46 by martyn williams » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:38 am

Sorted out a minor problem with a fuel leak off return.Started rubbing down the track frame now.Weather not that good with showers forcast.Need a week off with good weather to complete the job.She is getting there slowly.
Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #47 by martyn williams » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:25 pm

Give the machine a functional check after a few repairs today,an injector fault has developed on number 3 and 4 cylinder.Same defect as on number 2 cylinder last time.Sticking injector valves, will fit a couple of refurbished injectors, again :dizzy: The rest of the tests went well with hydraulics and 4 in 1 bucket satisfactory.
You give these machines some tlc and they repay you with a fault :lol: Thats the joys of restoring old machines.Will get there in the end.
Martyn

Julian

Post #48 by Julian » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:01 am

B100 LOADER wrote:Give the machine a functional check after a few repairs today,an injector fault has developed on number 3 and 4 cylinder.Same defect as on number 2 cylinder last time.Sticking injector valves, will fit a couple of refurbished injectors, again :dizzy: The rest of the tests went well with hydraulics and 4 in 1 bucket satisfactory.
You give these machines some tlc and they repay you with a fault :lol: Thats the joys of restoring old machines.Will get there in the end.
Martyn

Sounds like shit coming down the line causing the needle valves to stick. Surely you can strip and clean the injectors up? I've done it on a Lister engine once, absolutely simples!

Julian.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #49 by martyn williams » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:29 am

The needle valves are sticking,all the fuel lines have been cleaned.These injectors were overhauled when my mate had the machine. But they were overhauled and refitted without a filter change and the fuel system cleaned. I have removed every pipe and gave the fuel tank a good steam clean,new filters fitted. A common fault on a BD264 is for the valve to stick open and let the combustion gasses enter the fuel injection pipe causing damage to the injection pump.Stripped down one injector last week and found it stuck causing a dribbling injector.Cleaned up the valve using brasso and injector cleaner. Got a bit of time over the weekend as just done a 72 hour week in work.The weather up here has been very bad,constant rain for days.Got a few days off now,a trip to London on Monday which should prove interesting,will post photos of that day out,will be meeting a member of the royal family and a Mac Alpine.
Martyn
Removed injectors, refitted two refurbished ones that I have,stripped down two that I removed off machine,cleaned one,the other one had a needle valve stuck solid. Will give it a try to see if there is an improvement. Heavy rain stopped play.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #50 by martyn williams » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:26 pm

A bit more rubbing down of the Drott today,this machine was covered in layers of paint, Weather still not settled so have got to choose the right time to paint.Engine running much better now.But will refurbish a spare set of injectors as you never know when you will need them. Wish I could get the underframe shot blasted as it would be much easier than using a wire brush.
Martyn

Return to “Track Loaders”