BTD6 Drott

Discuss track loaders here

rodgemx125

Re: BTD6 Drott

Post #61 by rodgemx125 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:43 pm

the tracks look ok, oil in the engine is thick and sludgy, no water in radiator.
most of the levers are stiff or siezed.
Going to try and turn the engine over in the next few days and decide what to do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #62 by tctractors » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:46 am

The track/s is on backwards???

rodgemx125

Post #63 by rodgemx125 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:06 am

its possible! i will have a close look at both sides.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #64 by martyn williams » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:05 am

Check that the engine is free,drain off engine oil ( if very thick,you may have to put some diesel in the oil filler to break it down or even drop off the sump as the oil pump strainer may be blocked ).Fill radiator with water.don't refit drain plug to see if any water runs out of the sump.Put a bucket under sump drain and leave overnight.
My 125 was in the same condition as the exhaust was left uncovered.I gave the engine three flushthroughs ( diesel /oil mix ) and a filter change.That machine then worked great That machine had not run for eight years.
After a good flush,change the oil filter and make sure that you have a good oil pressure guage to see if you are getting oil pressure.
I then checked all the oil levels,got the engine running good and then checked other functions like clutches.
Keep us updated :thumbup:
Martyn

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #65 by martyn williams » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:11 am

The first thing that I would do,if you are working on the machine there, is to get the loader arms raised and fit ram blocks. and drop of the sump guard. It would make much it easier for you to sort the engine out :thumbup:
Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rodgemx125

Post #66 by rodgemx125 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:53 pm

I am going to try and get this moved to my yard and work on it there rather than try to get it running where it has been sitting. I have a telehandler so can lift arms no problem.
The plungers in the hydraulic valve block are all siezed, had several coatings of penetration oil but still siezed, any ideas as i will need to open the valve to lift the arms.
Thanks for halp so far

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #67 by martyn williams » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:49 pm

Just slacken off the lift hydraulic pipes but as the machine has not been run for some time they will lift using a telehandler anyway.When you drop the dirty oil and flush the sump you can feel the oil pickup strainer throught the sump plug hole with your finger.But by leaving a gallon of diesel in the sump for a day will break down the sludge.
I would remove the valveblock to overhaul it. If the machine has been out in the open you may have water in the bellhousing.This can be drained by removing one of the tow hitch anchor bolts situated on the underside of the bell housing.There are six bolts,just remove one to drain.These old machines are pretty sturdy.Check engine blocks for cracks.A common spot is behind the fuel filter.Hopefully no water has been left in the system.Also remove inspection covers on stearing clutches,they may be full of water.
Martyn

rodgemx125

Post #68 by rodgemx125 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:02 pm

going to see it again at the weekend, cover everything in penetrating oil and try and have a look at the clutches. whats the best way to hold the arms up when lifted? and whats the easyist way to turn the engine over? doesnt look like you can get on the crank nut.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #69 by martyn williams » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:43 pm

For ram block I use 1/4 inch thick angle iron 2 to 3 inches wide and 30 inches long between lift ram cap and anchor point on the arm. Use two if you can as its important that its secure before working under the loader arms.To turn the engine over press in on vee belt so its tight and turn the fan to rotate engine.
Martyn

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #70 by martyn williams » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Made some progress on the Drott today,hopefully will get most of it done in a week or two.
Martyn

Return to “Track Loaders”