BTD6 Drott

Discuss track loaders here

Topic author
martyn williams

Re: BTD6 Drott

Post #11 by martyn williams » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:42 am

I am working Monday and Tuesday but will be around the rest of the week,give us a call and I will put the kettle on :thumbup:
Martyn

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #12 by martyn williams » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:03 pm

The Drott is progressing well,sorted out the glow plug switch ,machine starts easy from cold wilh 20 seconds of heat. Lift ram rod to change and some welding on the bucket.Crap weather forcast.So far so good.
Glad you could pop around today Fred :thumbup:
Martyn

Reg

Post #13 by Reg » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi Martyn I've just purchased a btd6 crawler
Any idea on where I can pick up spares ?

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #14 by martyn williams » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:04 am

What do you need for it ?
Martyn

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #15 by martyn williams » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:54 pm

Drott progressing well,checked final drive and gear box oils, not much needed to top it up.next jobi is to drop down the belly plate for a good clean out and sort out the hydraulic levers as they are a bit stiff.Some of the fuel leak off pipe needs replacing.Will remove fuel tank for a steam out. I have a scarifier to fit to this machine.
Martyn

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #16 by martyn williams » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:37 pm

Just an update on the Drott, belly plate removed,all rollers lubricated.Made up a bracket for rear work light.Welding repairs on tool box area.Progressing bucket repairs next week.Photos in a couple of days.
Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #17 by martyn williams » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:25 am

Renewed all the filters,removed starter motor for servicing and to gain access to the engine block for cleaning. Fuel tank will be removed next for cleaning and to get better access to the cab area.Also new hinges will be fitted to the toolbox lid.The bucket will need a warm up to straighten out the dents.Weather not that good at the moment. Oh for a nice workshop :lol:
Martyn

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #18 by martyn williams » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:38 am

Fuel tank removed ,flushed out stripped back to bare metal and given a coat of primer.Weather still poor.Next job is to clean the cab area and fit new guages.Working tonight and over the weekend so its on stop till Monday.Dynamo and starter gone away for servicing.I will be making up a new wire loom for the charging side and lighting.Got a new reg box on hand.
So progressing at a steady rate.
Martyn

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #19 by martyn williams » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:17 pm

Removed the floorplates and spent the afternoon digging crap out of the cab.Its the worst one I have seen.Even found old rusty tools embedded in the compacted earth under the floor plate.Its taking shape.Next job its to carry out any repairs needed now the tank is off.
Noticed a lift ram hose looks a bit iffy, the left ram will be replaced anyway due to the lack of chrome on it.
Martyn
Photos soon :thumbup:

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #20 by martyn williams » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:23 pm

Lift ram removed,tank removed.toolbox area repaired.started to sort out the cab area.Making up new fuel lines and new wiring loom.
Got a replacement ram that will be resealed before fitting.New hoses will be fitted to the lift rams as they are a sod to renew in situ
Taking shape, but a long way to go.As the bare metal is revealed I give it a coat of phosphate primer.New guages will be fitted.Dynamo and Starter will be serviced.New reg box to fit.Willtake the hard nose of to repair and check hydraulic pump drive couplings.Got a lot of new bits available..When all the repairs are completed she will be given a good rub down on the bits I have missed.Hopefully will give it a good workout before the final paint stage to iron out any leaks or adjustments that may be needed
Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Track Loaders”