Re: Unloading a 953 the hard way

Post #11 by martyn williams » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:05 am

These drivers need some training as they are a hazzard to themselves. :dizzy:
Martyn

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #12 by FOWLER MAN » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:48 am

B100 LOADER wrote:These drivers need some training as they are a hazzard to themselves. :dizzy:
Martyn

Hi Martyn.
The World's gone training mad :!: :!:
What they realy needed was a brain. :doh: Their O.E.M. let them down in that department. :think: :think:
Some you just "can not train." :lol: :lol:
Fred

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #13 by martyn williams » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:49 pm

When I first started on plant,I did not have any form of instruction on loading machinery.Some machines I had to load up I had never seen before.I was a green 20 year old at the time.I just used a bit of common ,the first thing I looked for was the engine stop. :lol:
Over the years I loaded all types of machines from Hymac's to those strange rollers that had loads of rubber tyres. Most of the machines were loaded over the side.The lowloader had no ramps,just railway sleepers.Which were heavy and awkward to move in wet and cold weather.
Its a different world these days, these guys should be trained on loading ,because they seems to be a lacking in brain power these days,people have to be told that what they are doing is dangerous. :dizzy: That roller clip is mad, as I would have thought the armed forces would be trained to carry out this task.
Martyn

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #14 by Holger » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:58 pm

Now you know where all the money goes ...

That roller clip is mad, as I would have thought the armed forces would be trained to carry out this task.

They dont care!
Some resources:
How-To

jcb4cx
Flag: Great Britain

Post #15 by jcb4cx » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:19 pm

orthopactor,s the name of those strange rollers ,used quite a bit for tar and chipping ;)
every village has one , is yours missing you

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #16 by martyn williams » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:32 pm

Thanks Graham :thumbup:
I was asked to unload one as the lowloader driver that delivered it did not know how to start it.Worked it out and unloaded it for him along with a JCB 3C.He even bought me a breakfast at a near by cafe.
Martyn

SRB
Flag: Great Britain

Post #17 by SRB » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:48 pm

you can't train pork........ :dizzy:

Roller clip takes some getting over, wonder if the meat tube in the saddle knew how close he came? will dodge bullets from talliban all day but to get stamped out by a CS_563 in no way to go..........But as for the Oshkosh, always steady away when putting anything on or off a lowboy, what did he expect jabbing at the brakes like that? :arrrrgh:

SB
He who hingeth aboot, getteth hee-haw

TaylorLambert

Post #18 by TaylorLambert » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:45 pm

I think they probably got the truck stuck i nthe ditch trying to unload on the shoulder for the road. I have a friend that brought home a 750 Johndeere hystat dozer. He got off in the ditch that way. We took a 580 Case and piled dirt on the low side and made a ramp. I just strapped in and started the dozer and counter steer ed the track and pretty un eventfully unloaded and pushed the truck out.

The other time I worked for an outfit that had some D66E komatsu trackloaders set up like te 963 in the video. The driver of the truck got off in the ditch and as soon as the machine was un strapped it slid off the low side. We Just got the driver to start the truc forward and I ran the loader with the grounded side locked and it walked the trailer out from under us.

The old Bell 3 wheeled feller bunchers loggers used here were fun to watch. Most times they ended up side down.

My worst unload was a company I shortly worked for had the maintenance plan of fix it when something beig enought for fall off and chock the wheels or tracks plan. I was running a large vibratory Sheeps foot roller. Unloading it at the site I had started it and then unchained the rig. About that time I saw 2 chaffed wires fall from under the dash. about that time they touched and the vibratory kicked in and rattled me off the trailer lol. I quit after that.

Return to “Track Loaders”