Old track loaders

Discuss track loaders here

pk1200

Re: Old track loaders

Post #51 by pk1200 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:55 pm

mf 300 just waiting for a torch?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

newjcb123uk

Post #52 by newjcb123uk » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:38 pm

A Cat 951 I refurbished a couple of years ago - driving it involved what only could be described as "dancing" in the cab - I would say any operator would have maintained his fitness level after a days work driving this ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A man reaps what he sows"

martyn williams

Post #53 by martyn williams » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:15 pm

Smashing job on that one Chris :thumbs_up:
Martyn
My mate has just got a MF300. It may be the same one I worked on in the 1980's

v64paul

Post #54 by v64paul » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:54 pm

top man at morgans on the 951a was paul pemberthey aka tinleg. he had a caliper on his left leg following an illness. did'nt stop him though. we had to do nearly as many running repairs on the caliper as we did on the cat. at least we never had to send the low loader out to pick him up. altogether a wild man but a great laugh!
there are old fitters and bold fitters but no old bold fitters...

newjcb123uk

Post #55 by newjcb123uk » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:16 pm

Isn't it amazing how machines just get "parked up" and left forever only to be moved by a scrap lorry many years later? I always wondered how anyone allowed this to happen but have been guilty of it myself :insomnia: You have a problem with a machine and unless it urgently needs fixed you park it up with good intentions to fix the problem later on. However if you "borrow" a part of the parked machine (starter motor for example) to get another machine going then getting the original part you borrowed back on to the machine can seem not such a priority, especially as it requires additional work anyway! So a day turns into a week and then a week turns into a month and so on untill you decide to finally fix the machine only to find that something else has siezed up which is going to take even more of your time and money. Also as you've already borrowed your neighbours more modern machine to finish the job, fixing the original machine fades into the background as a priority. :P And hey-presto thats how machines like this end up rotting away only to be spied some years later by someone who falls in love with it and thinks it would be worthwhile lifting it out of the nettles and restoring it like new. "Sticks and stones wont break my bones but rust will always kill me! :lol:
"A man reaps what he sows"

pk1200

Post #56 by pk1200 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:09 am

hi chris, did you send your mf 300 to china or did you restore it?

jcb3cMk3
Flag: Great Britain

Post #57 by jcb3cMk3 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:31 am

newjcb123uk wrote:Isn't it amazing how machines just get "parked up" and left forever only to be moved by a scrap lorry many years later? I always wondered how anyone allowed this to happen but have been guilty of it myself :insomnia: You have a problem with a machine and unless it urgently needs fixed you park it up with good intentions to fix the problem later on. However if you "borrow" a part of the parked machine (starter motor for example) to get another machine going then getting the original part you borrowed back on to the machine can seem not such a priority, especially as it requires additional work anyway! So a day turns into a week and then a week turns into a month and so on untill you decide to finally fix the machine only to find that something else has siezed up which is going to take even more of your time and money. Also as you've already borrowed your neighbours more modern machine to finish the job, fixing the original machine fades into the background as a priority. :P And hey-presto thats how machines like this end up rotting away only to be spied some years later by someone who falls in love with it and thinks it would be worthwhile lifting it out of the nettles and restoring it like new. "Sticks and stones wont break my bones but rust will always kill me! :lol:

Hello Chris,

I have to say that your restorations are first class. Truly outstanding. What is the typical profile of your buyers?

Cheers

Philip

Return to “Track Loaders”