Lloyd Dragon

Discuss track loaders here

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Re: Lloyd Dragon

Post #21 by Mrsmackpaul » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:55 am

I sowed five thousand acres of sorgum at Clermont would have to be 25 years ago I reckon did the whole lot with D9's sowing pretty sure it was 46 feet wide or at least thats what the farmer told me we worked in shifts and had it sown in less than 2 weeks it was as hot as all get out we just finished and was heading home and stopped emerald for the night woke up in the morning swung my feet out of bed and splosh flooded in for a week a half just before Christmas must have been late 80's or early 90's drank some gorg that week and half I seem to recall got back to Bundaberg on boxing day never made it home for chrissy that year ended up out Bargara with a rather large thirst till new years

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Keith OZ

Post #22 by Keith OZ » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:41 am

Yep i worked out there from Nebo to Emerald to Charters Towers and other side of Townville repairing Steigers/White headers and White Tractors and some small plant on the properties i often stayed on between 1980 and 1987. It was warm so i would put my tools under my service vechical other wise you were unable touch them. When i was not working i would go back to the properties and pick lots of old machinery with dads crane truck. Since then i have given most of it to people who wanted to restore and keep old machinery.

Keith

Rough as Guts
Flag: Australia

Post #23 by Rough as Guts » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:50 am

That's a nice old tractor

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #24 by FOWLER MAN » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:55 pm

Hi,
Here's another pic. I found of a couple of Dragons at work. Looks like a demonstration.
The Dragon replaceded the DP in 1950 but all production ceased in 1953.
The tracks on the Dragons were made by Fowlers, the blades by W.E. Bray and those in the pic. appear to have the Turner 4V95 engine. Some were fitted with Dorman 4DS, both engines developed 36.5 B.H.P
The earlier model DP, introduced in 1947, had either a 33 H.P. version of the Turner V4 or 50 H.P. Ford V8 petrol engine. They were fitted with Loyd's own running gear.
Some of the Fords were fitted with Loyd's vapourizer and ran on TVO.
Fred

Return to “Track Loaders”