International 100b series 2 loader Help

Discuss track loaders here

Topic author
wazzainoz

Re: International 100b series 2 loader Help

Post #31 by wazzainoz » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:40 pm

Thanks Martyn
One always lives in hope of a easy solution to a problem but plan B gets used a lot{Murphys Law}.
At least thanks to you guys on this site I am better informed .
Can you give me a brief outline of the layout,must be hydraulic and manual hybrid,
and what is the procedure for changing gears do you just throttle off and then change or
do you have to come to a complete stop .

sean

Post #32 by sean » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:10 am

All these had a machanical high - low gear box wich must be selected with forward reverse hydraulic lever in neutral :eh: ,select high or low first,before trying to shuttle back or forward :think: ,decelarate for shutteling back and forth :eh: .

martyn williams

Post #33 by martyn williams » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:21 pm

I loaded a 165 "over the side" once,the slew was a bit slow,went off the other side through a hedge.That hedge still has a strange shape to it 27 years later :lol:
Martyn

Topic author
wazzainoz

Post #34 by wazzainoz » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:47 pm

Thanks Martyn and Sean
What was the moral of the story martin,watch out for hedges or don't drink and drive
I took your advise Sean and scoured the internet for a good used machine but didn't have much luck.
Thought i would post the two cheapest for a laugh ,one i think is too old to be a classic :oops: i think it might be antique.
Anyway gives you an insight into whats happening here,might be cheaper to import one :mrgreen: .
Sorry if these pictures or comments offends anyone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sean

Post #35 by sean » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:36 pm

Its not every day you see a 1000 L,its freshly painted in the more modern case era coloures,its no spring chicken its self,dont rush and take your time to find a good one.I am becoming more desparet to find a good drott my self.

bilco

Post #36 by bilco » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:37 am

I had a 100b about 20 years ago, tracks and sprockets were well past it but used carefully it still did a brilliant job. When I first had it (bought it as non working) it was delivered on a skip lorry which I thought was fascinating, the driver just swung it off on chains just like unloading a skip! I remember changing a filter and pouring gallons of fresh atf into it because it would hardly move , this fixed it 100%. As I said before, tracks were poor, they were wider than usual, maybe intended for soft ground or perhaps they were off a different machine, also the brakes were useless on one side which made life 'interesting'. Had it for about 5 yrs and it did loads of work, then my son ran it out of oil so that was the end of it. Sold it for scrap and actualy made a small profit. bilco

Topic author
wazzainoz

Post #37 by wazzainoz » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:35 am

Good one bilco ,sound like you were lucky with that little 100b. well its been a while but i think the little drott will be coming to live in my shed
and so i may be in need of a service manual.{forgive me Sean :lol: }
Any ideas anyone,are they still available somewhere

martyn williams

Post #38 by martyn williams » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:54 pm

Service manualls are still available in the UK, B A Welch and co did have some.
Martyn

naparlm

Post #39 by naparlm » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:14 am

today a fella offered me a 100b 4 way loader final drive is out needs putting together has new track chains pins a bushers was going 3 years ago,the fella that was fixing it for him was killed a road crash , asking price $4000k au. after reading this it make you think if its werth wile putting it back together to find the tranz is stuffed. :arrrrgh:

Topic author
wazzainoz

Post #40 by wazzainoz » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:44 am

Well mick i don't think you should say no without at least looking first but hey I'm no expert, the new tracks
might be worth the asking price but others here would know better than me.
If its near me i might need one for parts and i would love some new tracks.
Hey martin i tried to look up B A Welch on the web but they don't seem to have a website,
that sort of makes it impossible for me to purchase from them.

Return to “Track Loaders”