Track Marshall

Discuss track loaders here

Topic author
Tracshovel
Flag: France

Track Marshall

Post #1 by Tracshovel » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:06 pm

Came across this while raking through some files and thought it be good to start a thread on Track Marshall machines. Maybe Holger could turn them in to pdf files and put them in the download section.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DaveS

Re: Track Marshall

Post #2 by DaveS » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:26 pm

Good stuff there Nigel, I see they offered the MF (Davis) backhoe as an option too.

Dave. S.

taurus MK1
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by taurus MK1 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:30 pm

:wave: Hi, the backhoe was an MF, a later version with the link to the bucket, compared to the early version as fitted to the Bristol Taurus known as the Terrier 5 Trencher which had the bucket ram connected direct to the bucket. The Marshall crawler being the latter version of the Taurus drott range due to sell offs buy outs etc.

Cheers John :rockon:

Topic author
Tracshovel
Flag: France

Post #4 by Tracshovel » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:16 am

John,

Heres an advert for a Bristol which mentions the Terrier backhoe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JimInOz
Flag: Australia

Post #5 by JimInOz » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:20 am

Thanks Tracshovel,
I'd never seen their Crawler Loader brochures.
I remember having new brochures of TM (& other) stuff in the late 70s....gave them all to my cousin &,of course,he lost & destroyed them. :arrrrgh:

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #6 by Martyn Henley » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:38 am

0_bristol.jpg

0_Bristol_JPG_a60_palacing.jpg

I remember seeing the Europa in action back in the sixties, the loading arms used to come right over the back of the machine ... i remember Bristols factory in Worcester, just up from the bus station, used to go up there while waiting for a bus

Martyn :thumbup:

essexpete

Post #7 by essexpete » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:44 am

I did not realise that TM made shovels. I wonder how many were sold?

JimInOz
Flag: Australia

Post #8 by JimInOz » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:52 am

Thanks Martyn H,
At one stage in the 50's-80's ,there were a lot of small Drotts & Dozers made.I often only think of the MF2244/200....but the competition was always there... Mitsubishi,Taurus,TM,IH,Fiat,Benati,etc.
When you see how handy the small machines can be,it's no wonder they were popular.

Like Essex Pete,I wonder how many unit were sold by makers like Taurus & TM.Where are they all sitting??

Jim

DaveS

Post #9 by DaveS » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:49 am

A Stirling company, Roy, who also owned quarries in Kilsyth, had at least one of the Taurus Overloaders shown above.

I asked the retired owner about it recently and he said that it lay for years before being moved on. It would have been an excellent and unusual machine for preservation.

Dave. S.

BulldozerD11

Post #10 by BulldozerD11 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:17 pm

Interesting to see the brochures for the Bristol Taurus and Europa.
There has been one (europa) for sale in Classic plant & machinery in the south west area on a couple of ocassions. There are 2 in SE Davises yard in very poor condition.

I drove a Europa in the 1980s, which was rebuilt with parts from a scraped PD Duplex. Was in prety good condition after fitting 'new' tracks and rebuilding the bucket. a bit strange when loading over the top as it ws missinhg the canopy and the automatic cutout mechanism on the valve block for overloading eas a bit sticky. the hydraulic system said it was by schaefer. loader arms were thick flame cut plate like the hymac 370 tather than fabricated box beams. A cranked linkage rotated the bucket as it liftet so it dident lose the load till it was behind the machine.

There is a short history of the Bristol company published y a lad from lancashire and a stand at malvern for the Bristol owners group with some original posters on display and also few reproduction badges for sale for the early models.

The Taurus became the TM 1100 in 1970 accordng to the above history.

dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Return to “Track Loaders”