Case 1150 traxcavtor

Discuss track loaders here

Topic author
Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Case 1150 traxcavtor

Post #1 by Mrsmackpaul » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:01 am

A mate and I are working a case 1150 traxcavtor and she has just developed a pretty serious oil leak out of what looks like a low pressure oil pump out the bottom of the diff housing

Wondering if there is a down loaed work shop manual or if someone knows how this pump comes out ( we haven't tried yet just asking )

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Anyway if anyone knows we're to find a work shop manual or copy of or knows what's involved in removing this pump and changing the seal please let us know

Thanks

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Topic author
Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Re: Case 1150 traxcavtor

Post #2 by Mrsmackpaul » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:52 pm

We came across a work shop manual and have learnt that the doo hicky leaking is a steering brake so when we get some time will park it half on a loading bank and half on a trailer so we can fit under neath and drop it out and change the seal

These are a interesting crawler, they have torsion bar suspension ( something I have never seen on a crawler before) it seems to go ok and has no shortage of power
The high low steering is a bit different and only learnt that when you use the brakes (if they worked) it then turns like a normal dozer

I was asked about its heritage and first thought maybe IH but then thought nah as they dont have a sprocket supported only on one end like these do, then I thought maybe David Brown but I dont think they made crawlers this big
I was googling yesterday and noticed in the US some of the photos call these Oliver Case crawlers so maybe thats the connection

But then I remember reading somewhere once that David Brown tractors were rebadged and sold as Oliver in the US so I have no real answer

Maybe someone on here knows

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Return to “Track Loaders”