John's Drott

Discuss track loaders here

Topic author
martyn williams

John's Drott

Post #1 by martyn williams » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:06 pm

Just been sent this photo from John Jr of John Drott's machine.This was John Sr's machine.I hope to visit the Drott family next year.
Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IANOZ

Re: John's Drott

Post #2 by IANOZ » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:36 am

Hi Martyn, Good to see he is still in contact with you .Very tidy looking machineLooks like it gets some regular usage. Thank for showing us .ian.

sean

Post #3 by sean » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:06 pm

Its nice,like the smoke stack. :)

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #4 by martyn williams » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:29 pm

It does look a good machine,the tracks are nearly out of adjustment though.John senior died a few years back now.The picture shows John senior on an advertising leaflet from 40 plus years ago.
I scanned some images of these adverts and sent them to John.He told me he had never seen them before.He was so pleased he put them in a picture frame,put one in his office and gave the other one to his mother as a present.I tell you it made me feel good that they enjoyed seeing those prints.
I have learned a lot from John jr of the develpement of the Drott 4 in 1, and the Drott product line.
Martyn
click on picture to enlarge
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IANOZ

Post #5 by IANOZ » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi Martyn, Thats why i like these forums, Gives you a good feeling if you have been able to help someone out . On the old truck forum here in oz a guy whose father was in hospital not real well was trying to contact a friend of his dad. I was able to contact the friend through another forum i knew he was on.End result a thank you from the two of them and a warm feeling of a good deed done . By the sound of it you brightened up johns day . Looking forward to seeing the D4 finally painted .With your weather over there no wonder you drink your beer by the pint,Its gotta be enough to drive you to drink watching the rain endlessly comming down .ian.

Topic author
martyn williams

Post #6 by martyn williams » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:10 pm

Your dead right there Ian.We have had heavy rain and high winds over the weekend.Got a busy week in work this week.Also the clocks went back last night,so its the time of dark nights for a few months.Week after next it a free week for me so may be able to progress the D4.
My mates Chaseside that came up with the D4 is also at the same stage of restoration.Will post photos of that soon.
Martyn

Return to “Track Loaders”