Iraqi Old Ford F 15 A

Topic author
eyadinuae

Iraqi Old Ford F 15 A

Post #1 by eyadinuae » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:59 am

It is name in local Iraqi language ( Al Ghchma ) which is mean the ( half face ) if we want to replicate or give synonymous for the name meaning in English , this 2 ton truck introduced first to Iraq by British troops in 1938 some stories said older than that and served during the WW2 , after that sold or scraped in Iraq but local people buy it and used and in the service till now before months I heard that Iraqi National Museum bought it because remain is only 10 out of 300 , the geographical location are in middle of Iraq south of Baghdad in two province only (Dewaniyah and Najaf ) used for transportation of agricultural and construction products ..
People there are very proud with it and made the maintenance by manufacturing it is parts or replace it with any closer to the origin..
When I was younger in eighties I saw a lot of them when I visited my parents relatives which they lived in Dewaniyah province I remember when I was in 1991 and I am 18 years old in that time one driver told me (( it had very strong chaises and structure but limited speed of 60 KPH don’t let me drive on the highway )) …. :shock: He want to drive in highway by this truck :dizzy: ..
Last thing I just wonder what is the origin ( I think Ford F 15 A or Chevrolet .. ) ? any links for more information or photo ?
Now with photos :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

widget
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Iraqi Old Ford F 15 A

Post #2 by widget » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:07 pm

Here's a few link's to a little info on the Canadian Military Pattern Quad gun tractor and the other various versions, they look very similar :thumbup:
http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?18268-Use-of-CMP-Field-Gun-Tractors-by-British-Field-Regiments-in-WW2
http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/viewtopic.php?t=9467&highlight=
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I want to rust out not wear out

Topic author
eyadinuae

Post #3 by eyadinuae » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:36 am

Thanks Widget ..
Actually I found some good photos like these ..
from : http://militarymodels.co.nz/tag/walkaround-ford-f-15-15cwt-cargo-cab-13/

But I need to see any one in the world keep using it :? :shock: :lol:

XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by XS650 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:07 am

Great photos Ayad , nice to hear from an enthusiast from your part of the world .
Looks like these trucks have been very heavily modified.
These trucks are always known as CMP trucks ( Canadian Military Pattern) over here , they were good trucks strongly built to British Military specification in Canada.
After the war many surplus ones were shipped around the world in Aid programmes
Lots were left behind and used in Asia and there are still many about , they are called Ghost Trucks in Malaysia , where they have these 'home made' trucks with CMP type cabs.
14355.jpg
Not all those who wander are lost.

Topic author
eyadinuae

Post #5 by eyadinuae » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:17 am

:gooodpost:
Thanks XS650 :claphands:

Return to “Trucks/Lorrys”