volvo fl6 platform help

Topic author
pikeydave

volvo fl6 platform help

Post #1 by pikeydave » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:29 pm

hi after some help have a chery picker on an fl6 was oraganally on a leyland clysdale no idia of make of platform all used to work fine now all legs work tele boom basket rams slew work fine the botom boom lifts ok but struggles to lift and top boom pulls down ok but dosent have the power to lift any help would be apprecelated thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stormin
Flag: Great Britain

Re: volvo fl6 platform help

Post #2 by Stormin » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:08 pm

Is it the same PTO pump and hydraulic tank on the FL6 as where fitted to the Cyldesdale?
Possible that a smaller oil tank is running short when all rams are at full extension. PTO pump may not have as good a capacity or be low on delivery pressure.
After that I suppose it's pressure testing time on relief valves first then spool outputs. May just have picked some dirt up on transfer between vehicles.

Topic author
pikeydave

Post #3 by pikeydave » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:12 am

Its been on the Volvo for about ten years was working spot on until one day was fully extended then really had to give her some revs to fech her down again every thing else works spot on just the two functions I mentioned I've swamped spools about with no luck really don't know what's up with it

Stormin
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by Stormin » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:23 pm

pikeydave wrote:Its been on the Volvo for about ten years was working spot on until one day was fully extended then really had to give her some revs to fech her down again every thing else works spot on just the two functions I mentioned I've swamped spools about with no luck really don't know what's up with it

Ahh! The way I read it was a recent conversion onto the Volvo.

Return to “Trucks/Lorrys”