Scania Topline height

Topic author
bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Scania Topline height

Post #1 by bigkit » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:02 pm

Does anyone know how tall the cab is on a scania topline without the air deflector? :?: I've seen one for sale I like but I'm worried there won't be any bridges left around here and I'll spend more time looking at branches than looking where I'm going!! :doh: :lol:

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Scania Topline height

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:21 pm

bigkit wrote:Does anyone know how tall the cab is on a scania topline without the air deflector? :?: I've seen one for sale I like but I'm worried there won't be any bridges left around here and I'll spend more time looking at branches than looking where I'm going!! :doh: :lol:

Just duck every time you go under a bridge :lol: :lol: but seriously they are a high wagon although I could not see them being higher than a loaded wagon?

Jeremy

Topic author
bigkit

Post #3 by bigkit » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:51 pm

Ducking may protect the top of you head but not the roof! Are the Globetrotters and Topliners the same height? The volvo seems lower but it leans back and maybe an optical illusion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tctractors

Post #4 by tctractors » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:44 pm

The Scania topline height varys slightly with the spec and size of the front axle rubber, but they are well below 4mtrs in old money 13ft 1 1/2" this is the max hight for Europe as all bridges are good for 4 mtrs, we dropped a tape on an R series 730 with all the bells today, its fitted with the super single style front rubber it dipped 12ft 7" so its not a problem with our U.K bridges, they have to be over 16ft 6"?? unless marked, the air deflector can be set higher than this??

Topic author
bigkit

Post #5 by bigkit » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:46 pm

Thanks Tony. That one measured 3.8 metres, too high for around here I was a plonker considering it. :doh: I've bought a 144L 530 6x2 tag low cab. :D I hope to pick her up on sunday all being well. It needs a run round and a "mop up" and with the 12 months test she's got I'll be good to go! :thumbup:

tctractors

Post #6 by tctractors » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:20 pm

Bigkit that is not a commom beast to find these days, the 530 14 ltr motor was not built for long, there was a large batch of these engines that had to have the cranks replaced due to incorrect hardening detail, I used to be involded with my bag of spanners with a T reg unit that was driven by a mint pilot, it never missed a beat, the L No means (I think?) long haul chassis spec, they have the GRS 900 12 speed box usualy hooked up to a retarder, the retarders are great items and realy hold you down banks, you need to keep the revs up around 16-1700 for the best control, does your chariot have 1 fitted?? also the low cab must make this soap-box a right 1 off, well I have never seen 1, those 730's are common as Barkers Eggs (dog fruit) around my area, a Co I do a load of work for has just bought another as they " Pull Well " 1 was doing just under 3 to the gallon the other day lugging a big lump up into the top of Scotland.

Jack

Post #7 by Jack » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:54 pm

What will you be pulling with it Clive? Can't wait to see her!

Topic author
bigkit

Post #8 by bigkit » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:14 pm

Hi Jack, I've already got an Andover tri-axle step frame so thats going on the back. I'm picking her up tomorrow (sunday). Will post snaps in the next few days. Cant wait, got the T cut and wax ready.............................. :lol: :D

gah1950
Flag: Wales

Post #9 by gah1950 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:14 pm

hello big kit,
it really is a shot in the dark to give an accurate answer on height as you did,nt say it was on air or steel,however i drive a topline which is on steel and it is the heaviest suspension available from scania ,has an overall height of 14ft 3ins in old money over the fairing,i would doubt that there is anything higher,hope this helps you.
regards graham.

Topic author
bigkit

Post #10 by bigkit » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:57 pm

Thanks Graham but I decided that was just too high so I plumpt for the low cab! ;)

Return to “Trucks/Lorrys”