Scania Topline height

Topic author
bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Scania Topline height

Post #41 by bigkit » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:57 pm

I get where you're coming from! :thumbup: As truck drivers we're always to blame!! :( Amazing how 99% of car drivers think its easier to reverse an artic up a lane and into a 10ft gap than back up an mini!!! :roll: :doh: :arrrrgh:

Still the snow is slowly thoring here (may it speed up), lets hope normality returns soon! ;)

Keep on trucking John

Oh, my thoughts....the diesel's not too dear, the rate is too low. The fuel is what it is and we need to factor it in.....being able to is something else! :?

v8detroit
Flag: Ireland

Post #42 by v8detroit » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:32 pm

bigkit wrote:I get where you're coming from! :thumbup: As truck drivers we're always to blame!! :( Amazing how 99% of car drivers think its easier to reverse an artic up a lane and into a 10ft gap than back up an mini!!! :roll: :doh: :arrrrgh:

Still the snow is slowly thoring here (may it speed up), lets hope normality returns soon! ;)

Keep on trucking John

Oh, my thoughts....the diesel's not too dear, the rate is too low. The fuel is what it is and we need to factor it in.....being able to is something else! :?

don`t start me on diesel and prices :doh: :doh: some people work just for the price of diesel :dizzy: :arrrrgh:

Topic author
bigkit

Post #43 by bigkit » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Well I have a rate for the truck and if I'm not earning enough it stays in the yard. :eh: I suppose I'm fortunate to be able to do this. :wtf: Like you, I have the stupid cheap by me and the really expensive. :roll: I'm sitting in the middle. :) You can't knock your stuff out for nought! The tyres alone wil break your heart now! :?

v8detroit

Post #44 by v8detroit » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:41 pm

bigkit wrote:Well I have a rate for the truck and if I'm not earning enough it stays in the yard. :eh: I suppose I'm fortunate to be able to do this. :wtf: Like you, I have the stupid cheap by me and the really expensive. :roll: I'm sitting in the middle. :) You can't knock your stuff out for nought! The tyres alone wil break your heart now! :?

tyres are very dear now i bought 10 x 315 80 22.5 bridgestone s nearly £400 each plus vat .i wouldnt mine the realy expensive near me :) :)
i got a new wind kit the short version and got it sprayed and fitted it last week ,plenty of time for messing about now :( :( must wash it next :oops: :oops:before and after wash ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by v8detroit on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
bigkit

Post #45 by bigkit » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:43 pm

I must say the truck looks a peach :thumbup: ........is she a double drive? I've taken a shine to the Andover to, I like the new design and I assume the rack on the front is for O'Hara's planer!? :?:

I'd love a topline but the pokey little holes we have to go in (lanes............lets get that clear) :shock: are not conducive to the taller cab. Also the tag really helps manouverability! :thumbup:

Same with the wind kit. Love the styling, all you need now is the Griffin! :lol: For me those bits are a bit vulnerable around the low branches and I wouldn't want to ping one off!!! :(

v8detroit

Post #46 by v8detroit » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:40 pm

bigkit wrote:I must say the truck looks a peach :thumbup: ........is she a double drive? I've taken a shine to the Andover to, I like the new design and I assume the rack on the front is for O'Hara's planer!? :?:

I'd love a topline but the pokey little holes we have to go in (lanes............lets get that clear) :shock: are not conducive to the taller cab. Also the tag really helps manouverability! :thumbup:

Same with the wind kit. Love the styling, all you need now is the Griffin! :lol: For me those bits are a bit vulnerable around the low branches and I wouldn't want to ping one off!!! :(

hi Clive ,yes it`s a 6x4 but not hub reduction only 80 ton and a 3300 wheel base a bit longer than my old tag axel wich was 2900 it can be harder to get in tight spots with but you just have to get useds to it ;) we get plenty of narrow lanes as well thats why i changed the wind kit it is 10 inched shorter.that trailer is my fourth andover it`s a 56 ton and i never had any problems with them except with paint and in my opinion rust coming through , not major but i payed £1500 extra on this trailer to get it painted in 2 pack to stop this ,but it didn`t :o :o .the elivator was for the old planers without a folding elevator but they are all gone now but it stops any thing coming forward .

Topic author
bigkit

Post #47 by bigkit » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:52 pm

Here's a recent pic for you JJ, out the other day on the A23
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

v8detroit

Post #48 by v8detroit » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:42 pm

bigkit wrote:Here's a recent pic for you JJ, out the other day on the A23

she looks well Clive,nice to chat to you the other day ,bit of news i have sold my scania and trailer taking early retirment :wtf: :wtf: just
too much hassel to work in london now everything is against you traffic ,cammeras everywhere lez,london council,and any one else who needs
handy money from idiots who work for a living, just waiting for funds to clear :lol: :lol: then thats me with london :claphands: :claphands:

Topic author
bigkit

Post #49 by bigkit » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:09 pm

????????? :cry: man I cant believe it!!!! :doh: Did you sell the trailer to Andover? I was on the phone to them tuesday and they said they had some trailers coming in, sounded like your specification! :?:

I get where you're coming from tho', 'tis agro, and if you've got eager competition around you it can get uncomfortable! :? Being an owner driver on any piece of kit is really hard now business is so competitive. You can earn good wages on your own but its hard to earn REAL dollar!

Good luck with wherever you land! :thumbup:

BCL?!?

v8detroit

Post #50 by v8detroit » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:22 pm

bigkit wrote:????????? :cry: man I cant believe it!!!! :doh: Did you sell the trailer to Andover? I was on the phone to them tuesday and they said they had some trailers coming in, sounded like your specification! :?:

I get where you're coming from tho', 'tis agro, and if you've got eager competition around you it can get uncomfortable! :? Being an owner driver on any piece of kit is really hard now business is so competitive. You can earn good wages on your own but its hard to earn REAL dollar!

Good luck with wherever you land! :thumbup:

BCL?!?

no not bcl i will go back to ireland and finnish the house i started 6 years ago :oops: i decided last fri day i had my fill of london i was out side a job in wandsworth and the gate was locked so went to find some one to open it when i got back i had a £110 or only £55 parking ticket if payed with in 14 days (bargan) :x this was at 5 past 7 am that was bad but on sat got a registerd letter from london council a £550 fine for going to work before 7am :twisted: :twisted: every one should go on the dole ,i think that is what they want .so that was over £600 in one day :dizzy: :dizzy: i sold the whole out fit to a firm in n ireland .the rates wernt bad it`s all the can`t do this mob that cause all the agro,the only reason you start early is to not cause any grief to any one else.but all they want is to raise revenue common sense does not come into it. have to wait and see what happens :think:

Return to “Trucks/Lorrys”