Scania Topline height

jcb4cx
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Scania Topline height

Post #11 by jcb4cx » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:53 pm

bigkit wrote:Thanks Graham but I decided that was just too high so I plumpt for the low cab! ;)

did you take a yorkie bar with you :lol: any pictures yet

next time you speak to Ian ,ask him how a drive belt go,s on a 3cx :doh: :lol:
every village has one , is yours missing you

Topic author
bigkit

Post #12 by bigkit » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:56 pm

Here's a couple, just picked it up. Sorry for the blur there must have been something on the lense! :doh:

Apart from the flat paint and a few odd bits it seems in really good order. Cant wait to try her out for real! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

v8detroit
Flag: Ireland

Post #13 by v8detroit » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:39 pm

bigkit wrote:Thanks Graham but I decided that was just too high so I plumpt for the low cab! ;)

keep a eye on the propshaft bolt`s they tend to need replacing reguarly,i had a 530 classic and tested it on mon and it
lost the prop on tue smashed the retarder (£5000 to fix :doh: ) i change them on any truck i buy now .

Topic author
bigkit

Post #14 by bigkit » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:57 pm

Thanks John. The V8 was not my preffered option but the truck was so honest I faltered. :) To be fair the owner advised me about the prop bolts, is there a servive interval for changing them or is at a case of each week run around it? I guess you're a fan of the V8, I haven't had one for about 20 years and the power is quite amazing I'm in love with it already! :dizzy: Lets just hope the running costs/repairs don't hammer me too much! I've got a feeling we've got to stay on top off her servicing!!!

tctractors

Post #15 by tctractors » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:19 am

Bigkit, this prop shaft thing is an odd 1 to me???, many years ago the prop joints would let fly, but that was on the early Scania's 140-141's etc, since then the 142 onwards are not known for letting fly, I have worked on Scania's for at least 25 years, most of them on heavy work over 44 ton and never had any trouble with this area, so there might be more to these bolts getting slack, your truck does fit in with a time Scania used plastic spaced roller bearings in the drive axle hubs though, so look out for rear drive wheel hub lift, as they are well known to Scanias for the calve-down.

Topic author
bigkit

Post #16 by bigkit » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:46 am

Thanks Tony. Will mail back with a few more questions then when I've got a bit of time and 'er indoors isn't badgering me about going to bed! :doh: :lol:

adamec140

Post #17 by adamec140 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:19 pm

Evening Clive, what are your plans for the F10?

tctractors

Post #18 by tctractors » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:14 pm

Just thought I would say, my wife is always badgering me about going to bed, but we hardly make it to the bottom of the stairs :D ;)

v8detroit
Flag: Ireland

Post #19 by v8detroit » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:30 pm

bigkit wrote:Thanks John. The V8 was not my preffered option but the truck was so honest I faltered. :) To be fair the owner advised me about the prop bolts, is there a servive interval for changing them or is at a case of each week run around it? I guess you're a fan of the V8, I haven't had one for about 20 years and the power is quite amazing I'm in love with it already! :dizzy: Lets just hope the running costs/repairs don't hammer me too much! I've got a feeling we've got to stay on top off her servicing!!!

i have had 5 v8 scania`s from 143 450 ,144,460 and 530`s and my present R560 and you can check the prop bolts and they could be tight
but they do fail i change them when i get a new truck i was told you should never use them twice.it`s cheaper and you have piece of mind.the 14 liter v8`s dont give trouble just change oil and filters ,spinner reguarly and you will have no problems.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
bigkit

Post #20 by bigkit » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:29 pm

Thanks John. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Love the number plate!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :claphands: :thumbup:

I'll heed your advice. No need to ask what you were going to do about your older truck then! :lol:

Return to “Trucks/Lorrys”