Scania Topline height

adamec140

Re: Scania Topline height

Post #31 by adamec140 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:22 am

Great pics clive, keep em coming, bet you thought you were the mutts nuts driving that beast!

v8detroit
Flag: Ireland

Post #32 by v8detroit » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:46 pm

bigkit wrote:You must know whats his name..............Coyne from over there, he's moved me a couple of times, last was about 4 years ago. We are much the same, I'm 43 and my first low loader of any size was a 142 at 23, :D the owner moaned it cost as much to insure me as it cost in diesel! :lol: Still I loved it.....even driving around London 'cos they had a 2nd yard in South Norwood. It'd be a job to get a 23 year old on one now.

I used to do a lot up around your part for Ealing Borough Council and Kensington and Chelsea but I got fed up with the travelling over the past few years! Must be getting lazy!! :wtf:

I must say its hard to make such a large financial commitment to trucks when you weigh up the return, they're so expensive now especially if you need a euro 4+ for the LEZ. :roll:

hi Clive you must be thinking of john Coyle he used to be in greenford had a red scania 144 ,he is in ireland now.we used to do a lot of work in kensington and chelsea for ringways surfacing moving planers and pavers etc .i used to drive a 142 for a fella when i was 23 that was a
beast sounded great no chance of falling asleap in that ;) london is getting worse they put bollards and islands every where now .and you cant stop any where for your breaks cameras everywhere.my first job was for o`hara bros surfacing driving a smart volvo F12 385 6X2 TAG
sound firm still do work for them now.

v8detroit

Post #33 by v8detroit » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:03 pm

bigkit wrote:You must know whats his name..............Coyne from over there, he's moved me a couple of times, last was about 4 years ago. We are much the same, I'm 43 and my first low loader of any size was a 142 at 23, :D the owner moaned it cost as much to insure me as it cost in diesel! :lol: Still I loved it.....even driving around London 'cos they had a 2nd yard in South Norwood. It'd be a job to get a 23 year old on one now.

I used to do a lot up around your part for Ealing Borough Council and Kensington and Chelsea but I got fed up with the travelling over the past few years! Must be getting lazy!! :wtf:

I must say its hard to make such a large financial commitment to trucks when you weigh up the return, they're so expensive now especially if you need a euro 4+ for the LEZ. :roll:

thats a nice looking 142 classic scania i drove a x reg but it was not as nice as your one,what trailer is it a andover ? you would have fun around london with that :eh:

Topic author
bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #34 by bigkit » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:31 pm

Was John Coyle, he had two Scanias I thought at the time. He used to keep going back to Ireland then, I thought it was 'cos his wife was ill. Maybe I got it wrong?

You're spot on............that is an andover and the other driver and myself were expected to go everywhere with it! To be honest I never got stuck anywhere although I had a sticky situation outside a kebeb shop on Honour Oak one night! Double parking w*nkers!!!

I've bought planings of O'Hara's. Straightforward firm to buy off, they seemed alright. Nice blue lorries.

What about Hydrex/PSE at West Drayton and that Bill Gadros? I nearly bought my first digger off Bill but he kinda gave me the eebe geebe's!

v8detroit

Post #35 by v8detroit » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:13 pm

bigkit wrote:Was John Coyle, he had two Scanias I thought at the time. He used to keep going back to Ireland then, I thought it was 'cos his wife was ill. Maybe I got it wrong?

You're spot on............that is an andover and the other driver and myself were expected to go everywhere with it! To be honest I never got stuck anywhere although I had a sticky situation outside a kebeb shop on Honour Oak one night! Double parking w*nkers!!!

I've bought planings of O'Hara's. Straightforward firm to buy off, they seemed alright. Nice blue lorries.

What about Hydrex/PSE at West Drayton and that Bill Gadros? I nearly bought my first digger off Bill but he kinda gave me the eebe geebe's!

yeah i know John he`s a sound man ,he sold up a few years ago and went back to ireland.never had any dealings with hydrex but i know there yard in thorney mill la near the bardon plant.

Topic author
bigkit

Post #36 by bigkit » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:26 pm

Hhhhmmmmmmm...............big f*ck up this morning! :o Nearly jack russelled the artic in the snow :oops: ......(not that close really :eh: ) but I needed a bit of hardcore assistance to pull things around............ :shock:

Then the new chap did a bit of snowblading :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

v8detroit

Post #37 by v8detroit » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:18 pm

bigkit wrote:Hhhhmmmmmmm...............big f*ck up this morning! :o Nearly jack russelled the artic in the snow :oops: ......(not that close really :eh: ) but I needed a bit of hardcore assistance to pull things around............ :shock:

the one thing i learned about snow when you see it stay in bed ;) it`s nothing but agro :doh: :doh: either the machines slide when loading or your stuck :oops: lol

Jeremy Rowland

Post #38 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:18 am

v8detroit wrote:
bigkit wrote:Hhhhmmmmmmm...............big f*ck up this morning! :o Nearly jack russelled the artic in the snow :oops: ......(not that close really :eh: ) but I needed a bit of hardcore assistance to pull things around............ :shock:

the one thing i learned about snow when you see it stay in bed ;) it`s nothing but agro :doh: :doh: either the machines slide when loading or your stuck :oops: lol

Think you've got that right there John when its bad snow you may just as well pull the blankets back over and go back to sleep because you won't be driving very far because it only takes the smallest of inclines to cause traffic chaos.

Jeremy

ps Nice pics Clive :thumbup:

Topic author
bigkit

Post #39 by bigkit » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:49 pm

Although your advice is bang on :thumbup: I'm the kind of bloke that cant be beaten! :o I went in sunday night knowing it would be difficult to get the truck ready for monday just in case the customer got in. So after my minor disaster I went in early monday and we got her out quite quickly. We were late to work in Gravesend but the hirer was most appreciative we did n't use the weather as an excuse not to turn in. :D

Thye hire has now been extended from 3 to 8 days :thumbup: worth the effort this time.........better go steady tho' and not take the weather for granted! :lol:

v8detroit

Post #40 by v8detroit » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:44 pm

bigkit wrote:Although your advice is bang on :thumbup: I'm the kind of bloke that cant be beaten! :o I went in sunday night knowing it would be difficult to get the truck ready for monday just in case the customer got in. So after my minor disaster I went in early monday and we got her out quite quickly. We were late to work in Gravesend but the hirer was most appreciative we did n't use the weather as an excuse not to turn in. :D

Thye hire has now been extended from 3 to 8 days :thumbup: worth the effort this time.........better go steady tho' and not take the weather for granted! :lol:

i learned my lesson last year i was moving a 240 lc volvo and was waiting at a roundabout and a nice lady driver pulled allong side and
skided and hit the track of the machine with the door pillar of her nice 320 clk merc , :doh: then decided to try and move and nearly made
a convertible out of it .i was stationary and the insurance decided 50/50 the merc was a wright off :eh: :eh: my premium went up £1000
thats why i stay in bed now ;)

Return to “Trucks/Lorrys”