Derelict Duo

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Derelict Duo

Post #1 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:40 pm

Some of you may of read my feature in the Nov edition of CP&M magazine of the breaking of a Hymac Hylift crane. This took place at a yard down in Barking and this place had a fair amount of fascinating bits and pieces including the derelict duo below.

I don't know what the model numbers are but I do know the maker, does anybody else know who the maker is and can you fill in the missing blanks on the old wooden board that was fastened to the one?

You can just about make it out if you look very carefully, this is from a bye gone era and these two oldies were both runners when they were originally bought by the yards owner. Once again I am almost certain that like the Hylift crane these pair more than likely ended up being cut up.

The owner did want to sell them but time was at a premium as their yard had been compulsory purchased for re-development.

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Derelict Duo

Post #2 by Martyn Henley » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi Jeremy ... they look like old converted buses to me ... and the sign says .... CAUTION LINESMEN WORKING

Martyn

Ian Fletcher1970
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by Ian Fletcher1970 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi Jeremy,
The one with the Linesmen working sign looks like a forerunner of the modern cherry picker. I can remember seeing a vehicle with a similar elevating manrider platform years ago maintaining the Blackppol Illuminations.

Ian

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #4 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:16 pm

Martyn Henley wrote:Hi Jeremy ... they look like old converted buses to me ... and the sign says .... CAUTION LINESMEN WORKING

Martyn

Yes Martyn you are correct with the sign and with the fact that they are converted buses, the linesmen must of been the chaps who maintained the old trolley bus overhead wires I can still remember the old trolley buses that used to run into Walsall.

Jeremy

Return to “Trucks/Lorrys”