different types of skip equipment

Topic author
diggerjones
Flag: Great Britain

different types of skip equipment

Post #1 by diggerjones » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:11 pm

we all know the hook lift and chain skip equipment on trucks, another type i worked with in the past was said to be called a dinosaur skip loader. it had a hydrolic bale arm underneath and 2 lifting rams. it was on a 8 wheel w reg foden. there also was a 6 wheel mikey mouse foden about at the same time. this was in the crewe area cheshire. anyone find any pics of this type.
cheers dylan

tim

Re: different types of skip equipment

Post #2 by tim » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:25 pm

diggerjones wrote:we all know the hook lift and chain skip equipment on trucks, another type i worked with in the past was said to be called a dinosaur skip loader. it had a hydrolic bale arm underneath and 2 lifting rams. it was on a 8 wheel w reg foden. there also was a 6 wheel mikey mouse foden about at the same time. this was in the crewe area cheshire. anyone find any pics of this type.
cheers dylan

Go to www.classicrefusetrucks.com then into photo albums-then scroll down to manufacturers albums and click on DEMPSTER
:thumbup: Tim

Topic author
diggerjones

Post #3 by diggerjones » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:40 pm

well done tim, brought back alot of memories. it was a brilliant bit of kit in the right hands but dodgy in the wrong hands. if not being carful taking skip off you could unhook it and it would go whizzing down and keep going if on icy yard. i also used a artic version.
thanks for finding that i take they were a usa firm that made them.

tim

Post #4 by tim » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:16 pm

diggerjones wrote:well done tim, brought back alot of memories. it was a brilliant bit of kit in the right hands but dodgy in the wrong hands. if not being carful taking skip off you could unhook it and it would go whizzing down and keep going if on icy yard. i also used a artic version.
thanks for finding that i take they were a usa firm that made them.

Yes they originated in America made by Dempster but the ones in the UK were built by PDE (Powell Duffryn Equipment) under license at a factory in Wales. :thumbup: Tim

Return to “Trucks/Lorrys”