Ummm, what can you say, what a driver

Topic author
Renaultman

Ummm, what can you say, what a driver

Post #1 by Renaultman » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:54 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpxXMOL-6YA&feature=related
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpxXMOL-6YA&feature=related[/video]
Last edited by Martyn Henley on Wed May 04, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: putting in video app

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Ummm, what can you say, what a driver

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:47 am

Very good :thumbup: looks like a six wheel drive to me.

Jeremy

Hugh Jaleak
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by Hugh Jaleak » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:41 pm

Looks like the local Landfill site, they seem to think you can get a lorry anywhere regardless of the conditions..... :lol: Dry day, tip just off the haul road. Wet day, tip far side of the cell.......

MGI

Post #4 by MGI » Wed May 04, 2011 8:38 pm

I always remember the day Foden went to the wall (I am referring to the original company, not the regurgitated version) We were on a small pipeline job in Stockport (or that area) and we needed to get a couple of 100 tons of gravel up this extremely steep grassed slope and about two fields along the top to the dig. A couple of newish Volvos turned up and attempted to climb the hill, they couldn't get halfway up it, the problem was not traction but power, or more specifically they were too high geared! Then a sprint brand new MAN appeared and that failed in a similar manner to the earlier wagons. In the end I 'phoned up the quarry and asked them if they had any old ERFs or Fodens - they sent out an ERF and the driver didn't think he could do it but agreed to try - he went up this hill on the governor and the old brute sailed up, in fact once he realised he was going to make it he took his foot off the gas and the old girl climbed that hill on tickover in crawler! For the rest of that contract, about 5 weeks, we had all our stone delivered by eight legger Fodens & ERFs! Ironic...

Return to “Trucks/Lorrys”