Flag: Great Britain

Few More Renaults

Post #1 by Neversweat » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:09 am

McArdles - 7 in total..................

Work 101.jpg

Work 100.jpg

Work 099.jpg

Work 098.jpg

Ex Factory Demo - weighs in at 10107kgs - that with me in it at 132kgs :oops: :oops:

Work 090.jpg

Work 089.jpg

Steve :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jack

Re: Few More Renaults

Post #2 by Jack » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:59 pm

I dont know if the last one is really cool or really ugly!!!!

Joes1989

Post #3 by Joes1989 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:16 pm

The bottom pic is one of the nicest trucks ive seen! looks mint!

bigkit

Post #4 by bigkit » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:23 pm

Looks very similar to the volvo in places still (ie the FM range). Is there a tie up like their used to be with the older renault ranges (F series volvo and the midliner and R series renaults etc)?

Topic author
Neversweat

Post #5 by Neversweat » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:27 am

bigkit wrote:Looks very similar to the volvo in places still (ie the FM range). Is there a tie up like their used to be with the older renault ranges (F series volvo and the midliner and R series renaults etc)?

They are Volvos with Renault cabs on them :( :( - In some cases not for the better either :( :(

tim

Post #6 by tim » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:57 pm

Neversweat wrote:McArdles - 7 in total..............

Ex Factory Demo - weighs in at 10107kgs - that with me in it at 132kgs :oops: :oops:

Those McArdles Renaults look a nice bit of kit Steve-like the deeper cabs,bit more room to store your bits and pieces-there's a feature on McArdles tippers in this months Truck and Driver mag.
I take it the ex factory demo is the new Lander-obviously aimed at the aggregates market-that is light- most 8w chassis tare around 12000kg with a lightweight alloy body. :thumbup: Tim
PS- superb feature on Hadley's in this month's Heritage Commercials with great old time pics.

bigkit

Post #7 by bigkit » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:15 pm

Thanks for the info neversweat, as ever your factored right up! Ever thought of writing the truck and plant encyclopaedia! :lol:

PS where on earth do you find the time to dig out all those vintage pics? :dizzy:

Thanks anyway :claphands:

Topic author
Neversweat

Post #8 by Neversweat » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:43 pm

tim wrote:

Those McArdles Renaults look a nice bit of kit Steve-like the deeper cabs,bit more room to store your bits and pieces-there's a feature on McArdles tippers in this months Truck and Driver mag.
I take it the ex factory demo is the new Lander-obviously aimed at the aggregates market-that is light- most 8w chassis tare around 12000kg with a lightweight alloy body. :thumbup: Tim
PS- superb feature on Hadley's in this month's Heritage Commercials with great old time pics.

She's on discs all round Tim - alloy wheels & tank etc and the chassis's not as heavy duty as a Kerax - Its been bought by Blundys at Theale - they have tippers on aggregates and tarmac :thumbup:Its now liveried Wessex Aggregates
I bought T & D today when i paid our paper bill - looks like another trip tomorrow to see if they stock Heritage Commercials :D

Cheers
Steve
Last edited by Neversweat on Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Neversweat

Post #9 by Neversweat » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:46 pm

bigkit wrote:Thanks for the info neversweat, as ever your factored right up! Ever thought of writing the truck and plant encyclopaedia! :lol:

PS where on earth do you find the time to dig out all those vintage pics? :dizzy:

Thanks anyway :claphands:

:oops: :oops: :oops: I don't know that much i'm afraid - Renaults are my speciality after 30 years working on them
(yes i know i don't look that old :D )

The old pics and clippings are a labour of love - you just hope people still like looking and don't get fed up with them.

Thanks

tim

Post #10 by tim » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:00 pm

Neversweat wrote:
tim wrote:

She's on discs all round Tim - alloy wheels & tank etc and the chassis's not as heavy duty as a Kerax - Its been bought by Blundys at Theale - they have tippers on aggregates and tarmac :thumbup:Its now liveried Wessex Aggregates
I bought T & D today when i paid our paper bill - looks like another trip tomorrow to see if they stock Heritage Commercials :D

Cheers
Steve

I've seen the Blundy's around Steve- Volvo users i think but the Volvos have got heavier over the years-we had some 8 wheelers in from Whatley quarry near Frome recently and not a Volvo amongst them-when you're paid by the tonne every little helps. :thumbup: Tim

Return to “Trucks/Lorrys”