MACK

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Re: MACK

Post #11 by tctractors » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:01 pm

Just thought I would mention the fact that the Scania V8 engine was listed as an option in the U.S. by MACK as a factory fit, if you look at a MACK drive axle and a Scania drive axle they look near the same, its often suprising how things are interlinked in odd ways over the years, the Cab for the Scania 110-140 series was due to the pencil of an Englishman.
tctractors

Jeremy Rowland

Post #12 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:57 pm

tctractors wrote:Just thought I would mention the fact that the Scania V8 engine was listed as an option in the U.S. by MACK as a factory fit, if you look at a MACK drive axle and a Scania drive axle they look near the same, its often suprising how things are interlinked in odd ways over the years, the Cab for the Scania 110-140 series was due to the pencil of an Englishman.
tctractors

Very true TC :thumbup: I love the way in which many of these 'odd facts' come out and the way in which many different company's are inter linked in ways that you would not expect.

Jeremy

BIGSAM
Flag: Great Britain

Post #13 by BIGSAM » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:18 pm

MACK also had a factory in UK but it was a flop so just stuck to importing them somewhere on the net there is a few pics on Chris Hodge site I think !
I have driven a few MACK'S I would love one to renovate if I had the space to do it !

Return to “Trucks/Lorrys”