Leyland T 45

hair bear
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Leyland T 45

Post #11 by hair bear » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:40 am

Just dredging up an old thread here but I actually had a run in an ex-mil T45 cabbed 8x6 Scammell this week. Only did a couple of circuits of a field but it's the first and only time I've ever got run one.
On a similar subject, does anyone know what happened to the T45 cabriolet? It seems it was last on the road in 1997 but where is it now?
If a LandRover doesn't leak oil, it's run out.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #12 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:41 am

hair bear wrote:Just dredging up an old thread here but I actually had a run in an ex-mil T45 cabbed 8x6 Scammell this week. Only did a couple of circuits of a field but it's the first and only time I've ever got run one.
On a similar subject, does anyone know what happened to the T45 cabriolet? It seems it was last on the road in 1997 but where is it now?

Rob what engine did the T45 have in it that you ran round the field in? They were fitted with either Leyland TL12, Rolls Royce eagle diesel or Cummins NTCE.

Jeremy

pv83

Post #13 by pv83 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:35 am

Jeremy Rowland wrote:Nice finds there Pete :thumbup: but they are very rare these days with the possible exception of the army version; sadly I noticed today as I took a trip out the last of the old ERF's appear to be bowing out now I only saw four and the odd Foden. :(

Jeremy

The army versions are all being replaced by MAN's... But you can't beat an old Foden, such a beast helped me once towing of a AS90 of me trailer, the lads couldn't get it in reverse due to some sort of 'box problem. So out came this Foden 8 legger wrecker, hooked up some chains and within a blink of an eye, the AS90 was safely back on the ground. The guv who operated the Foden stated, it might be a bugger to drive, but I don't see those fancy MAN's doing this that easily... Not much of a MAN fan then I reckon...

Cheers, Patrick

hair bear

Post #14 by hair bear » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:33 pm

Jeremy Rowland wrote:
hair bear wrote:Just dredging up an old thread here but I actually had a run in an ex-mil T45 cabbed 8x6 Scammell this week. Only did a couple of circuits of a field but it's the first and only time I've ever got run one.

Rob what engine did the T45 have in it that you ran round the field in? They were fitted with either Leyland TL12, Rolls Royce eagle diesel or Cummins NTCE.

Jeremy

Sorry, I've no idea. I was visiting a freind when the opportunity was seen and taken. Auto box on it but I guess than doesn't narrow it down.
If a LandRover doesn't leak oil, it's run out.

Return to “Trucks/Lorrys”