Ford Cargo truck - Is there a comprehensive year and engine list anywhere?

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Re: Ford Cargo truck - Is there a comprehensive year and engine list anywhere?

Post #11 by Mrsmackpaul » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:15 am

going through some stuff last night and I came across this thought it may be of interest
Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Topic author
TrevorJ
Flag: Australia

Re: Ford Cargo truck - Is there a comprehensive year and engine list anywhere?

Post #12 by TrevorJ » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:27 am

Thanks Paul for digging that up. I should also see if I can borrow the neighbours owner's manual to scan in and post up. I also found out the 1515 figure, was not on the tag, but on the glass work of the truck doors (as per your pics too) ... :-) feeling happy I wasn't quite that blind to misread the tag info, that I forgot about grabbing the stamped block number to see if it held more clues for tracking down a better manual.

Reading through the 2700 range workshop manual, I can see that Ford were very casual with their engine nomenclature. In this case I think the engine in this particular cargo is a d series ... pre 1976 engine that was factory modified to the larger ½ bolts for turbo charged engines, unless of course I trip over a manual which defines it otherwise.

BTW, the 826F cast number rightly defined it as an engine that had cast iron liners, however the manual also describes steps to modify the chromed engine blocks to take steel liners.

I was back up for a quick look this arvo.

360T is somewhat "pointlessly" marked on the back right hand side of the 826f block :-( ... only problem is the parts people refer to it as a 380c. For the moment regard the ford engines in the ford cargo series trucks as having the Marklar series of engines. :-)

It was busy there when I visited and I didn't have any calipers on me to measure the diameter of the bore just to confirm if engine is a 380. It would be scary if the parts suppliers have their info wrong.

Return to “Trucks/Lorrys”