Its getting out of order now !

News from the market and industry

Topic author
Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Its getting out of order now !

Post #1 by Martyn Henley » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:21 am

http://www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/news/plant-news/plant-operators-to-face-new-fitness-regime

:dizzy: :dizzy: Is this a step too far .. are operators to become athletes now .. i know i am out of the game now but this is just too much, how many will this affect and do you think this is right :?:

Martyn

Stormin

Re: Its getting out of order now !

Post #2 by Stormin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:24 pm

Surely in the old days it was down to the site foreman to decide if someone was fit to operate a piece of machinery and send them down the road if they thought not. Nowadays I suppose you'd have someone saying their human rights had been breached if the foreman told them they were to "unfit" to work efficiently or safely.

I'd rather have a fat bloke who operates a machine carefully and considerately on site than a fit bloke who doesn't. Chances of them having a coronary at the wheel and causing an accident have got to be minimal.

I suppose if it finds a few people who are at risk of health related problems and prevents or improves their health it can only be a good thing for them personally. Why it has to be targeted at the plant operators I don't know, why not all occupations.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:57 pm

It beggars belief and this kind of crap makes me angry :x This is the sort of rubbish that the government spawns to make us lot think we must all eat healthy :x granny says................
1) You must eat your greens :lol:
2) You must never smoke (unless your on fire :lol: )
3) You must not drink alcohol its bad for you (only if you have a punch up after a few pints :lol: )
4) You must excercise and be healthy (we would not want to pay to care for you when you become ill :x )
5) We'll make it part of the Health & Safety crap that everybody has to obey or else :x

Lets just all IGNORE this rubbish and eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we perish!!

Jeremy

Topic author
Martyn Henley

Post #4 by Martyn Henley » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:40 pm

I agree Jeremy ... live life to the full eh :lol: :wave:

Storming, yes it was down to the site foreman or agent, but more so it was down to the individual... but this now getting to be like they are running out of ideas and coming up with so much crap to justify their existence, and who is going to pay for this new "idea" ..yes the operator yet again ... :think: i just wonder how long it will be before no one will be able to afford to operate plant anymore

:arrrrgh:

martyn williams

Post #5 by martyn williams » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:57 pm

That fry up looks bloomin fantastic :thumbup: As far as that policy is a F up :dizzy:
Martyn

Stormin

Post #6 by Stormin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Martyn Henley wrote:I agree Jeremy ... live life to the full eh :lol: :wave:

Storming, yes it was down to the site foreman or agent, but more so it was down to the individual... but this now getting to be like they are running out of ideas and coming up with so much crap to justify their existence, and who is going to pay for this new "idea" ..yes the operator yet again ... :think: i just wonder how long it will be before no one will be able to afford to operate plant anymore

:arrrrgh:

Well if some directive comes through European legislation that drivers have to have Health checks then it'll surely be introduced here. Similar to the HGV drivers CPC it'll cost extra to get plant competency certificates. Some government backed quango gets to make a bit of money out of it all.

Topic author
Martyn Henley

Post #7 by Martyn Henley » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:03 pm

As far as i know Storming its got nothing to do with the EU .....
http://www.cpa.uk.net/p/Plant-Safety-Group/

Its a thing that is home spun

Return to “News”