Nicks Blog | Classic American draglines at rest and play

News from the market and industry

Topic author
RSS Bot

Nicks Blog | Classic American draglines at rest and play

Post #1 by RSS Bot » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:15 pm

As a direct response to the many emails I have received asking for more material on old draglines, it gives me great pleasure to share these photos that have been sent into the Digger blog by our good friend Bob Rocker who lives in Florida.

Bob has thousands of archive photographs taken over the last 40 years and he has selected this batch which shows some of the greats of American dragline production.

We start with this Bucyrus-Erie 88-B, which Bob captured working in Coral Springs, Florida over 28 years ago. These machines were the largest of the construction sized range from Bucyrus-Erie and typically carried a 4 to 6 cubic yard bucket depending on application.

Bob said, "When I first arrived to take photos of this machine the sun was out and it was a blazing 100 degrees, but then the thunderstorm arrived and it had dropped to around 76 degrees". Anyone who has experienced a Florida thunderstorm will understand what Bob means!

Note the guy performing maintenance on the side board as the machine continues to work, I don't think current H&S regulations would let anyone get away with that anymore.

© Copyright 2010
http://www.sed365.com/digger-blog/2010/08/classic_american_draglines_at.html

Return to “News”