Moving a 6 tonne container

Put your favorite links in this forum!

IANOZ

Re: Moving a 6 tonne container

Post #11 by IANOZ » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi Greg, Things look green down your way ,or are you painting the grass green to make it look better :lol: . Its very dry up here. I have done 2 weeks work since i serviced my excavator.,Air filter warning came on today,Pulled it out when i got home this afternoon and it was chocka block full..Got to work out how to put a precleaner on it as jcb in there wizdom didn't fit one. Usualy it goes full 250hrs without having to worry about the filter.Looks like you will have a good firewood supply once that tree comes down. The trees i was talking about are the 2.99 inch ones you are alble to legally clear. ian.

Topic author
gamble.greg

Post #12 by gamble.greg » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:30 pm

It is amazing what a crop of onion grass will do for the look of the place, luckily we are coming to the time where it will die off and give the real grass a go again........that big one will give us almost one season of firewood, we probably burn about 4 to 5 tonnes a year.......we dont discriminate at our house, those 2.99 inch trees have thier place in the fire as well !!!! The oil in the wood makes them burn as hot as..........How did you go with the pre cleaner? Post up a pic, and lets see what your up against mate..........Take care...........greg
GG

IANOZ

Post #13 by IANOZ » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi Greg, Mate still thinking about it. Difficulty factor of 9.9, as with all pommie designed gear . It Has a fiberglass engine cover ,and one on the back , making it very difficult ,if not impossible to get the precleaner out into to the freash air of the outside world . As both hindge off the cab, unless i cut a piece out of the cover{and cut through the strenghtening ribs of something that is all ready developing cracks] i can't mount the precleaner to the only thing that doesn't move , the cab . ian.

Topic author
gamble.greg

Post #14 by gamble.greg » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:57 pm

Hmmmmm, yes, it does seem a tad tricky.........dust is not a big factor in its country of birth I guess.........(only time it stops raining is when it snows I am told) :think: :thumbup: Still, let me know what model etc and I will have a look at some pics and chuck a couple of ideas in, sometimes there nothing like an idea from outside of your world........cheers mate, dig big.......greg
GG

Topic author
gamble.greg

Post #15 by gamble.greg » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:42 am

Hey Ian, is yours an 8080? I had a look at some pics, definitely not a straight forward task............how much room is under the covers mate ?
There is a way, just have to find it.........greg
GG

IANOZ

Post #16 by IANOZ » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:36 pm

Hi Greg, Yes it is an 8080. Don't realy want to put it in the engine bay ,as the only free space is next to the muffler,which would probably melt the precleaner bowl ,as it nearly melts me in the cab :dizzy: .Out the back next to the control valve is about the only place it can go,just need to do some creative plumbing to make it work . Gee, having to chop all that firewood every winter must keep you fit. Our house has a wood heater in it ,Been here 4 years and have not been cold enough to lit it yet . Often wonder why you victorians live in the place. Up here i am 10Ks from the beach ,15 Ks from the city of gladstone. 10Ks from the awonga dam ,which is stocked with barramundi up to 45KGs and getting bigger.Reef fishing 35 Ks offshore , or go into the marina in gladstone where the live catch coral trout boats unload and occassinaly drop some overboard. Mudcrabs in the river,Its not a bad place to be .ian.

Topic author
gamble.greg

Post #17 by gamble.greg » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:36 pm

Mate, you know, I reckon you must be living next door to heaven................ :rockon: sounds like the sort of place I could retire to......... :thumbup:
GG

IANOZ

Post #18 by IANOZ » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:38 am

Hi Greg, Why wait till you retire ,and get to old to enjoy it . Must admit though,i have never been out the dam to try and catch one of those barra ,it full of redclaw crayfish too. And been a long long time since i have been out reef fishing .When we moved up here over 30 years ago ,mum and dad bought an 14 acre island in the boyne river ,it got a causeway for access. anyway every afternoon would take the castnet and fill a 2 gallon bucket with prawns,Cookem up and wash down with a beer or 3or4. But them was the good old days ,still catch a feed of mudcrabs off the island though. We lived on the gold coast before moving up here ,Used to go beach fishing for tailor just about every afternoon but living there ,hardly went to the beach swimming like all the tourists that flock there for the beaches..Mate you try and get a decent sleep,maybe get to dream about giant barra and muddys . ian.

Topic author
gamble.greg

Post #19 by gamble.greg » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:07 pm

you really know how to hurt a guy............. :think: my plans have been to not have to move again, :doh: but, you never know...........last night of night shift, back to days late tomorrow (wednesday) and then 6.30 am start on thursday, less than a week to go.......... :rockon:
GG

IANOZ

Post #20 by IANOZ » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:47 am

Hi Greg, Internet has been off line ,so have not been able to do any thing till now ..Found out how crappy TV programing is last 4 nights .. ian.

Return to “Links”