Lewis Badger 2

Contacts for spares and services

Topic author
skids in france
Flag: France

Lewis Badger 2

Post #1 by skids in france » Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:05 pm

Hi, Just grabbing at straws, But has anyone got a wiring diagram for a Lewis Badger 2 ?

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Lewis Badger 2

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:27 pm

Hi Mark and welcome :wave: somebody may be able to point you in the right direction or offer helpful advice. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Topic author
skids in france

Post #3 by skids in france » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:49 pm

Hi, Just an update! All the electrics now playing up! Cant even get her started to jack her up to trace the hydraulics! As wiring diagrams do not exist for this machine, I have decided to rip out the cabin, Expose the looms and with the aid of a tracer identify every wire running from the fuse box! There's not even a fuse box schematic available for the 30+ fuses and 16 relays! Basically I need to move forward and produce a complete set of diagrams! ;)

essexpete

Post #4 by essexpete » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:31 pm

Have you tried Lewis? sales@lewiequipment.co.uk or has the company ceased trading?

Topic author
skids in france

Post #5 by skids in france » Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:10 pm

Hi the Lewis technical is no more they have now sold out of all bits for the badger! I've found out the running gear is based on a New Holland Fiat 35-66 DT 1989-96 with a Ford hydrostatic drive, It's suffering from the Hydrostatic drive not working and various electric problems! With no wiring diagrams available! I've now rewired the Badger and have tons of notes to turn into wiring diagrams! I found loads of breaks in the looms! Now all valves are working but the hydrostatic drive is still not running! My understanding of it is the low pressure circuit is a closed circuit that controls flow to the swash plates on the high pressure open circuit? So would this mean as I've had the pump and valves off that the low pressure closed circuit be empty of fluid and needs bleeding to get fluid into it? I know the high pressure circuit dumps back to the tank, But the closed circuit don't, So no place for air to escape! Please if anyone can concur? If so where would the best place to bleed? Thanks for any help!

essexpete

Post #6 by essexpete » Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:46 pm

You really need someone who knows their way around the skid unit. I thought the Ford mini tractors were actually rebadged Japanese?

Topic author
skids in france

Post #7 by skids in france » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:54 pm

The Badger 1 Had a Perkins diesel 29hp, But the Badger 2 has a Izuzu 47hp. Its hard finding anyone who's worked on one as they were only made for local town councils in the UK for a few years and sold for a production price approx 40k twice the price of a JCB 2CX, Small unit with the power of a JCB 3CX. Less than 500 made and now very rare!

Topic author
skids in france

Post #8 by skids in france » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:59 pm

I saw one on ebay just recently, Bidding was up to 16k for a non runner, I stumbled on this one and bought it for 4K in rural France!

Topic author
skids in france

Post #9 by skids in france » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:08 pm

They were made by a small company in the UK called Lewis Equipment's who went bust! To expensive for the construction industry! They are a bitsa machine! Bits of this and bits of that!

Return to “Contacts for spares and services”