Plant / hydraulic engineer in South Wales ? Pel-Job in need of tlc..............

Contacts for spares and services

Topic author
joncat

Re: Plant / hydraulic engineer in South Wales ? Pel-Job in need of tlc..............

Post #11 by joncat » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi fred - well - tracking is a nightmare, constantly backing off to avoid stalling............

With no load arm and bucket etc function well, pretty quick as far as I can tell........load kills it...........

yet will lift itself no problem

Engine revs freely with no load, sounds good actually.........

There are some NOISES from the hydraulic system - but difficult to pinpoint - sort of yearning noises ???

Only managed to fill two dumper loads today - then died when tracking.

Just about ready to push it down the side of the mountain.

Must be the crazy valve adjustment things on the pump - was set up prior to me getting it.........gone out of adjustment ???

Is now VERY difficult to start - as if the pump is putting a big load on the engine causing it to struggle to turn over.

I have to use a booster pack or my land rover every time - that is killing me too !

As well as beer I have tea and coffee ! :P

Jon.

jcb4cx
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Plant / hydraulic engineer in South Wales ? Pel-Job in need of tlc..............

Post #12 by jcb4cx » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:45 pm

the aux pedal /breaker pedal is not stuck on is it
every village has one , is yours missing you

Topic author
joncat

Post #13 by joncat » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:07 pm

No - not connected, no physical pedal - the more I think it must be the "adjustments" on the pump............

Anyone any good at setting these things up - or diagnosing any better than me ???

martyn williams

Post #14 by martyn williams » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:17 am

If the engine is running fine off load it points to the pump if its dragging the engine down. I would check that you are getting enough oil to the pump and pressure test /flow test the pump output. If your machine has aux service and its not connected.the valve may be still in use.stuck in aux.That would drag the engine down as its working against the pressure relief valve on that circuit. Effecting the hydraulic operation of the machine and also the pump and oil will get hot.The hotter the oil gets the worse the hydraulics become.
Check suction side of hydraulics,tank to pump. If that pipe is damaged,the delivery flow will be reduced and that will give you the same symptoms of poor hydraulics. Recheck your hydraulic oil level.
Also you say
"Is now VERY difficult to start - as if the pump is putting a big load on the engine causing it to struggle to turn over "
The pump should be just circulating when all the controls in neutral position, so one of the functions must be 1-- in use 2-- your pump is on the way out.Has anyone been changing hydraulic hoses recently ? Is your battery knackerd ?
Martyn

Topic author
joncat

Post #15 by joncat » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:39 am

Hi Martyn, sadly have not got the kit to pressure test or flow test the pump...........

As regards the aux circuit It is missing a hose and no flow is coming from the connection - I suppose
it could be the return, I will check........

Battery is good, I suppose it all points to pump - or the "swash" adjustment I think they are called ?

If you were able to have a look for me I will Martyn I will pay you for your time - no problem...............Jon.

martyn williams

Post #16 by martyn williams » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:59 am

Swash plate pumps can be a pain when they fail. They are basically a disc with pistons.If one of these fail it buggers up the pump.It will run but with reduced output and will fail completely in time.We had a night mare with those pumps and motors in Bomag rollers when we first had them. I would take the pump off,see if it rotates freely by hand.If it sticks or feels "notchy" when you rotate it.Thats a new pump needed. I am working over the weekend.Pm me with your address and I might be able to help.
Martyn

See video, this shows how they look on the inside,one of those litle pistons may be broke.
http://youtu.be/Athbk7JvGRQ

Pel-Job Hydraulic Pump.

Part number PNNN 7+ 7+6 DSC46 RPG5F PELJOB TRIPLE DSC46 RPG 5F/5H THREADED INLET ON THE CENTRE SECTION AND THREE THREADED OUTLET PORTS. HYDRAULIC GEAR PUMP Machine Type Excavator Weight (kg) 6.0000

£475.00

Topic author
joncat

Post #17 by joncat » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:07 am

Martyn - have sent you a pm.................Thanks, Jon.

martyn williams

Post #18 by martyn williams » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:21 pm

Got your message :thumbup:
Martyn

Return to “Contacts for spares and services”