JCB 3C MK2 PROBS

Talk about technical issues here. Questions and answers!

Topic author
paullawrencewyatt

JCB 3C MK2 PROBS

Post #1 by paullawrencewyatt » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi all, im hoping someone can help, I have got one of the above with a non starting problem.
I have fitted a new starter motor to this vehicle but having probs with the wiring on the ignition where the key goes in! I have got one main brown cable which is live as I have tried it against the body I have then got two thick white cables into one electrical female spade and one yellow/white cable
The back of the ignition key thingy is numbered does anyone know what wire goes to which terminal? or if there should be an earth to this as well? been pulling my hair out all day and desperate to use the machine.........please help!!!!

mambo
Flag: Great Britain

Re: JCB 3C MK2 PROBS

Post #2 by mambo » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:24 pm

whats your machine serial number?

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Re: JCB 3C MK2 PROBS

Post #3 by FOWLER MAN » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:33 pm

Hi,
Dont know about the numbering, but the yellow and white cable is the solenoid wire.
It connects to the red and white solenoid wire via the neutral start switch, so that will go on the terminal that becomes live when you move the key to the start position.
The other two should be easy enough to sort out, if you look at the switch from the back I think the live brown goes on the terminal furthest past 12 0'clock on the right hand side of the switch :?: :?: If it doesn't switch off you know they're the wrong way round.
Fred

Return to “Tech Talk”