Deutz F3L 1011F engine oil capacity/grade?

Talk about technical issues here. Questions and answers!

Topic author
CaptLimey

Deutz F3L 1011F engine oil capacity/grade?

Post #1 by CaptLimey » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:48 pm

My Benford/Terex PS 3000 dumper has a Deutz F3L 1011F engine and I'd like to change the oil and filter. Can anyone tell me the recommended oil grade (moderate European climate) and capacity for this engine please?
Rgds CL

Stormin
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Deutz F3L 1011F engine oil capacity/grade?

Post #2 by Stormin » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:29 am

The book I have lists the oil capacity as 6.5 litres, with possibly an extra 1.5 litres if an oil cooler is fitted but it's not clear.
Oil Specification API-CD/SE, Recommended products are Shell, Rotella T; Exxon, XD-3; Mobil, Delvac 1

I think oil specifications have come on a bit since then ie API SG, SH and SJ.
I would use a modern good quality diesel oil, which reminds me my Compair compressor is due a change soon.

If I knew how I would upload the manual I have to here, it's specifically for a generator but was the best source I could find on information for the Deutz FL3.

Topic author
CaptLimey

Post #3 by CaptLimey » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:27 pm

Many thank for the info Stormin.
There is what appears to be an oil cooler atop the engine, which I believe is part of the whole engine cooling system, so I'll probably need the eight liters. Re uploading manual pages. I have a printer/scanner which allows me to scan pages of text and/or drawings, save them as a PDF file and attach them to emails. Maybe that might work for you if you have a suitable printer?
Regards CL

Topic author
CaptLimey

Post #4 by CaptLimey » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:53 pm

Changed the oil today with Castrol equivalent of API SG, SH and SJ, it took 6.5 litres. Also replaced the Crosland 2022 filter with a Mann W712, no leaks yet! Thanks to all for the input and advice.
Regards CL

Return to “Tech Talk”