Jcb 807 track brakes dont work ????

Talk about technical issues here. Questions and answers!

Topic author
jcbdig

Jcb 807 track brakes dont work ????

Post #1 by jcbdig » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:50 am

I have a couple of questions I just brought myself a 807 im in new zealand im just replacing the slew ring at the moment my next mission is trying to fix the track brakes is this a comon thing and i should just use it how it is or is it a simple enough job to fix it??
Then i have to re kit all the hydrolic rams as a couple of them leak just a tad apart from that im impressed with how well the old thing goes it dosent take long to dig a pretty sizable hole this is my first digger also so im just learning any help would be much appriciated

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Jcb 807 track brakes dont work ????

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi Rob welcome to the forum :wave: I am sure that somebody on here will be able to offer you some advice regarding your machine.

Jeremy

philwheelton
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by philwheelton » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:55 pm

Hi Rob
The brakes on your m/c are spring loaded to come on when you stop tracking (or slewing ) they are released by hydraulic pressure when you track and come on with spring pressure when you release the lever, so if they don't come on the springs (bellville Washers ) could be broken and not bringing the brake on.
If you are changing the slew ring the brakes will be easy compared to that .

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #4 by FOWLER MAN » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:52 am

Hi Rob,
Welcom from me too.
As Phil says the brakes are released by hydraulic pressure compressing the spring stack.
I think it only takes about 200 psi. to release the brakes and a restricted return line filter can cause enough back pressure in the lines to release them when you open the throttle, particularly when the oil is cold.
It's worth checking the filters before getting in too deep, specialy if both brakes are at fault.
I've found this to be the problem on more than one occasion.
Good luck.
Fred

Topic author
jcbdig

Post #5 by jcbdig » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:01 am

sounds logical thanks very much for the advice yip is is both brakes so likly to be a blocked filter if it has any i shell get on to it and let ya know how i get on and put some pics up when its all going again

Return to “Tech Talk”