On Site Hydraulic Hose Repairs

Talk about technical issues here. Questions and answers!

Topic author
craigdonaghy

On Site Hydraulic Hose Repairs

Post #1 by craigdonaghy » Sun May 10, 2009 2:20 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering what companies people use for getting there hoses replaced when they fail onsite and if they know what prices are being charged for this work through out the country.

Thanks,

craig :?: :thumbs_up:

Robert Guy

Re: On Site Hydraulic Hose Repairs

Post #2 by Robert Guy » Sun May 10, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi Craig . the easiest way would be to call pirtek , they are very good and nation wide BUT they can be very expensive. Your best way would be to look for a good local company, they would be cheaper and if you keep using them better service and discounts :thumbs_up:

Hammer man

Post #3 by Hammer man » Sun May 10, 2009 3:48 pm

I have a lot of hose`s go on my 350,mainly age related now.If i`m local to our yard i`ll take it in my self as we have the facilitys.But when i`m away,its mainly Pirtek,but on my experiences 9 times out of 10 they`ll back within a day cause of workmanship,& they never carry my size of hose even though they are told on the call out phone call,so have to go back to the yard,& they are expensive.But most of the problems have been down to the same fitter.I`ve had the depot manager ring me about him when he got turned away,as one of my inch & a half bore hammer hoses went the other week on the fitting.The fitter wanted to replace whole hose,all 6 ft of it as company policy is no re-ends.We got another firm out(cant remember name,white van with orange signage)re-ended it no probs.Saved a ton of money.Also had Valley Hydraulics out,based South Wales,very good service & good pricing.
2004 Hit ZX350,9556 hrs
2007 ZX350/3,6000 hrs,now with just over 10000 hrs!!!

modelman093
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by modelman093 » Sun May 10, 2009 8:11 pm

Have used Finnings a number of times for hydraulic and hydrostatic hose repairs on grass cutting equipment. Not cheap but so far 100% satisfaction. Pirtek don't have a good reputation in this area (SE Kent)
but it's very much down to the individual operator/franchisee on the day.
Angus

tctractors

Post #5 by tctractors » Sun May 10, 2009 9:41 pm

Pirtek,are a waste of time, the muck-ups I have seen with these jokers makes me ill every time I see their hoses on a machine, even their hose is crap, it starts to perish as soon as it comes into contact with oil, average life of their hose I would put at 3 years max, if I am a good distance from my stomping ground and need a hose, I ask local plant Co's or farmers for info on local Hydraulic outfits, if I have to use a pipe van I call Dunlop Hi-flex or CAT if I can re-use the ends.

tctractors

muckshifter

Post #6 by muckshifter » Sun May 10, 2009 10:33 pm

modelman093 wrote:Have used Finnings a number of times for hydraulic and hydrostatic hose repairs on grass cutting equipment. Not cheap but so far 100% satisfaction. Pirtek don't have a good reputation in this area (SE Kent)
but it's very much down to the individual operator/franchisee on the day.
Angus

fhs (finning hydraulic service) .... :thumbs_up:

Joes1989

Post #7 by Joes1989 » Sun May 10, 2009 10:53 pm

We either use Pirtek or a Small firm Called Nottingham Hose repair....i have to say ive only ever had Quickhitch lines go and they always have problems trying to get the hoses off. I had a hose blow off the fitting on the main pump once at a job in leicester and the machine was sat for 5 hours whilst they waited for a fitting to be sent out as they "dont stock the part in the van"....

Started using nottingham hose after that.

Joe

Robert Guy

Post #8 by Robert Guy » Sun May 10, 2009 11:03 pm

God what pirtek depots have you all been using :o Don`t get me wrong i think they`re a shower of ******* :doh: but they are excessable to a lot of people who don`t know where to go.

si25

Post #9 by si25 » Sun May 10, 2009 11:36 pm

we have an account with pirtek but i avoid them unless i have to, mainly down to the price but the blokes on them are not always "in the know" and i've had more than a few failures that shouldnt hapen. shoddy hose as already mentioned.
i would recomend HOSE FLEX for mobile repairs, i've got a whole lot of time for all their blokes and not yet had a problem with one of their jobs.
"toy soldier"

go back

Post #10 by go back » Mon May 11, 2009 9:18 pm

we use cat or in the exeter area hosemaster or if we are in north devon we use north devon hose and hyd services we have a account with pirtec but dont use them after a string of disasters :thumbs_up:

Return to “Tech Talk”