adding photo's

Talk about technical issues here. Questions and answers!

Topic author
diggerjones
Flag: Great Britain

adding photo's

Post #1 by diggerjones » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:31 pm

hi,
i have just worked out how to get the photos from camera to computer, can anyone explain to me in a easy way that i can understand how to put the photos on this site. i have trolled through the site but cant get me head round it. I am a ludite.
cheers diggerjones

Martyn Henley

Re: adding photo's

Post #2 by Martyn Henley » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:07 pm

Hi Dylan, hope this helps

So you want to post a picture..great ..first thing you will have to do is know where on your computer the pictures are that you want to show ..so off you go and have a look, now remember the address where the picture are on your computer ...Now, before you go to the next stage,i want you to remember that when you follow the next stage a new page will appear, this message will appear in a panel called Topic review-board tips ..its near the bottom of the panel, you can read the next part of this post from there, saving you having to keep going back to the topic page...
right thats sorted now go to the bottom of the thread and click on POST REPLY and see you on the next page ...

great so far so good ... now then at the top of the screen is a clear panel that you write on, under that panel is a blue strip with Upload attachment written in orange ... there is a little button called Browse click on it .... now a smallish box will appear in your left hand corner ..in that box is the inside working of your PC .. now can you remember where those pictures were in your PC ?... now select a picture from your computer ..now click on it to open... now the address of that picture will appear in the box next to the browse button... next click the Add the file button and then another box will appear in the top left hand corner ... now wait till it finishes and the whole page will refresh its self... now in the bottom left hand corner of where your writing box is you will see a new button.. Place inline ... now when you have written what you want to say about the picture bring the cursor onto a new line underneath and leave it where it is flashing away ... now click on the Place in line button and your picture address will appear something like this [img]mypictureis[/img].. if in doubt click on the preview button and your picture will appear with your writting as it would appear in the thread..happy with it ..then click Submit ... if you want to practice then practice here but dont click the submit button ... now off you go and start posting with pictures in any of the threads you want to share with us ...
Hope this works for you ..if not Private message me

Martyn

Topic author
diggerjones

Post #3 by diggerjones » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:01 pm

hope this works i think it might be a pic of my tat
Picture 005.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #4 by Holger » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:10 pm

Yeah! You did it! Cool! :thumbs_up:

What car is that? Looks old!
Some resources:
How-To

Martyn Henley

Post #5 by Martyn Henley » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:11 pm

Yep :thumbs_up: it works ..well done Dylan

Martyn

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #6 by Holger » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:13 pm

Great explanation Martyn! :thumbs_up:
Some resources:
How-To

Topic author
diggerjones

Post #7 by diggerjones » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:33 pm

cheers martin [sorry cant remember how to spell name] the car is a austin morris 1000 van so not a car realy. think its 1972 the very last made at cowley,brum.

Topic author
diggerjones

Post #8 by diggerjones » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:37 pm

sorry i was going to say i dont know how i would have got pics on with out martyns direction. [just realized the spelling of your name is same as mine, in welsh y = i .

Return to “Tech Talk”