Rapid bucket wear!!

Talk about technical issues here. Questions and answers!

Topic author
Nick Drew

Rapid bucket wear!!

Post #1 by Nick Drew » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:10 pm

Hi All,

Just thought I would show a couple of photos of the grading bucket that was supplied with the Case CX130B that I am currently operating, at the time these photos were taken the machine only had 575 hrs on it, so I sent an email to the machine owner suggesting that a blot on cutting edge may be the best thing to do before the wear got too bad.

Sadly my advice was not taken and now with around 720 hrs on the clock this bucket has worn back to the bolt holes!! so no chance of saving the cutting edge now ! :x

These buckets are made by Strickland the famous UK undercarrige people so I would of thought they would be of good quality but I think this kind of wear is unaceptable, just wondered what other members thought ??

Nick ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dig deep pile high

Re: Rapid bucket wear!!

Post #2 by dig deep pile high » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:42 pm

Ha Ha,
Me Again,
Peter has mentioned it to us and not had chance to look yet.

As it happens!!!!!!!! I have to go to Redruth Monday to price a machine up for change for another customer so i will swing in to your site and have look/hook up!!

Hows That for dealer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S Try a bit more right hand lever (boom up!!) to save that cutting edge!!!

(Meant in Jest)

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #3 by Nick Drew » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:45 pm

dig deep pile high wrote:Ha Ha,
Me Again,
Peter has mentioned it to us and not had chance to look yet.

As it happens!!!!!!!! I have to go to Redruth Monday to price a machine up for change for another customer so i will swing in to your site and have look/hook up!!

Hows That for dealer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ideal mate !! :thumbs_up:

Look forward to meeting up ;)

Nick :thumbs_up:

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by tctractors » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:37 am

N Strickland dont make buckets, they have them made to sell, they do a crap range, a better range, and a heavy duty line, they dont sell any tracks or rollers, but they do make and sell complete track units that fit onto Crushers/screeners.

tctractors

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #5 by Nick Drew » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:13 am

tctractors wrote:N Strickland dont make buckets, they have them made to sell, they do a crap range, a better range, and a heavy duty line, they dont sell any tracks or rollers, but they do make and sell complete track units that fit onto Crushers/screeners.

tctractors

Thanks for the info Tony,

I always thought that they did sell tracks, rollers, sprockets etc :dizzy: I can recall them coming down to Wimpeys yard in Southampton where I used to work 1977-1983.

They used to pick up knackered Hymac/Priestman tracks and bring them back reconditioned + new Idlers, Sprockets & Rollers :dizzy: Long time ago of course! things may have changed in the way they do things??

Nick :P

nick lamb

Post #6 by nick lamb » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:57 pm

Yes they did used to repair tracks and sell new ones Nick.Not anymore though.I have bought a few Berco trackgroups for D8's over the years.Our local dealer was at Haydock,St Helens.A nice chap called Bernard Taylor was their rep.He was a good honest chap who new his job.Our local Finning track rep is a numpty.The last money I spent on tracks was last year.He wasn't interested as it was only about £3k's worth and I've only been a Cat account customer for 20 years plus.I bought ITM pads and some rollers instead. :|

Return to “Tech Talk”