cat 205

Talk about technical issues here. Questions and answers!

Topic author
d4c24a

cat 205

Post #1 by d4c24a » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:42 pm

my mate has a cat 205 and it has slack tracks ,the track adjusters take a special type of fitting to pump them up does anyone know the size and make of the fitting and maybe where to find one :?:
thanks for any help graham :thumbs_up:

ps i have not seen the fitting but it is the slide on type and quite large
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Re: cat 205

Post #2 by tctractors » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:26 pm

Graham I have a few of those grease things , they fitted them to O&K also the German early CAT stuff plus other European kit use them, they are easy to get and not un-common, CAT will sell you one (its going to cost from them) but they are about £12 from a Co I use.

tctractors

Nick Drew

Post #3 by Nick Drew » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:46 pm

tctractors wrote:Graham I have a few of those grease things , they fitted them to O&K also the German early CAT stuff plus other European kit use them, they are easy to get and not un-common, CAT will sell you one (its going to cost from them) but they are about £12 from a Co I use.

tctractors

Yeh, I remember them being quite common back in the late 70's & 80's ;)

It figures with them being common to European kit as the Cat 205 was really a German Eder machine badged up :thumbs_up:

Nick :P

Topic author
d4c24a

Post #4 by d4c24a » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:23 pm

thanks tc i have done a bit of a google search and found some suppliers ,but he will need to find out the size ,i think access is limited ,i might go and have a look myself if i get time
i am sure i have an old alemite bucket somewhere with a big button type fitting that might fit :thumbs_up:
cheers graham
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Return to “Tech Talk”