JCB 3CX 4x4 sitemaster 1987 wiring diagrams

Talk about technical issues here. Questions and answers!

MrF
Flag: France

Re: JCB 3CX 4x4 sitemaster 1987 wiring diagrams

Post #11 by MrF » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:08 am

The ones I linked are the plastic bodied ones with the button that pops out. The only real annoyance is trying to press the button back in with your nail in a awkwardly positioned fusebox, the ceramic self reset fuses get hot but they cost more for a cheapskate like me :)

On one of my bike projects I retro-fitted a PDM (power delivery module) and when it has a short circuit, there's a little bit of wizardry that cuts power to that circuit before it damages anything. You fix the fault and the pdm see's the fix and restores power. That's the ultimate unless the pdm goes wrong of course, at that point I'd be on the phone to my mrs to bring the van. It has some other nice features for a bike, like programmable circuits to cut during cranking events, remote button panels with a single wire connection (a module multiplexes the buttons down at the panel end). But on a big machine where your not stuck for space to hide things, just more to go wrong.

MrF
Flag: France

Post #12 by MrF » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:16 am

vino wrote:Hi, I have a 82 3cx white cab with the bmc engine. The wiring diagram seems the same as my digger. Does anyone know the ratings of the fuses from 1-8 please?

Hi, does this manual in the downloads section that people generously maintain cover your machine? :-
JCB 3CX/4CX Backhoe Loader workshop manual

If so, it has the rating of all the fuses in there (page 406), along with a lot of other info you will find useful.

mechman
Flag: Great Britain

Post #13 by mechman » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:44 am

Hi all.
The JCB MkII I'm working on has no electrics working at all apart from the Ign switch, It starts and that's it. No dash lights, not charging etc. Think It needs a coat of looking at.
Norm :)

Return to “Tech Talk”