excavator wiring help

Talk about technical issues here. Questions and answers!

Topic author
Baloo
Flag: Great Britain

excavator wiring help

Post #1 by Baloo » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:24 pm

hi

after some help if possible, need a wiring diagram or help with the ign wiring on my excavator,
all has been good till the wires dropped off the back of the switch yesterday, i can seem to find how they were arranged, i can get the dash lights up but no engine turning, further more the big black wire that is off in the pic appears to be at earth as it causes a short if i put on any live terminal on the back of the ign switch but it was on there , clearly someone has been at this switch before, i am assuming there is some sort of immoberliser or lock out as all i can get is a pic of a padlock on the dash
what i would like to do is by pass all this and run a wire to the starter and injector pump,
is this possible any one have a wiring diagram or experience of this model ?

many thanks Andy

URL of the original image: http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh311/andyhaycock/andyhaycock025/IMG_20141129_151226410_HDR_zpse3e7a547.jpg

URL of the original image: http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh311/andyhaycock/andyhaycock025/IMG_20141129_151203629_HDR_zpsd9f8dc80.jpg

URL of the original image: http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh311/andyhaycock/andyhaycock025/IMG_20141129_151146290_zpsf996de91.jpg

martyn williams

Re: excavator wiring help

Post #2 by martyn williams » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:27 pm

I think that to make things easier for yourself would be to get a multimeter.This would then help identify cables and if live feed or not. Look at the cables on your starter, they should be marked up with a trace colour on each cable to check which is which. Look at the back of your switch and using the multimeter, see which terminal connects to the starter cables to a poss feed.Its an elimination process, also check that fuses have not blown. That red cable in the foreground of the switch photo looks like your positive feed to switch.Check with the multimeter that you have battery voltage first, or it may have gone through a battery isolator first. If you have a faulty isolator run a temp cable from you battery positive directly to the switch.
Good luck
Martyn

Topic author
Baloo
Flag: Great Britain

Re: excavator wiring help

Post #3 by Baloo » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:25 pm

hi thanks for the suggestions, all sorted and back working again, it was something to do with the immobiliser, if you leave the battery off over night its resets and works again.
super little machine so much more power than my 812's etc
Andy

Return to “Tech Talk”