Green Beacon

Talk about technical issues here. Questions and answers!

Gerard

Re: Green Beacon

Post #11 by Gerard » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:02 pm

There is a company that we work too, they have all the door switches and pilot lock out levers wired to a green beacon, i.e. when the door is open the functions isolate and the green beacon comes on, same as when the pilot control lock lever is disengaged the green beacon comes on, meaning it is safe to approach the machine after making contact with the operator.

hope that helps you Widget.

Dah
Flag: Great Britain

Post #12 by Dah » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:16 pm

Thats interesting because if someone is used to working on a site with this 'safe to approach' meaning of the green light, it could be a nightmare if it only means the operator is wearing their seatbelt on another site. Surely you could be fooled into thinking its safe to approach?

SRB
Flag: Great Britain

Post #13 by SRB » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:07 pm

The buckle has a switch in it and just connects the earth when you plug the seat belt in.
Just another pain in the and causes more agro then they are worth! Quarries will park a machine up if they are not working and drivers will get a warning if they are out the cab and the light still flashing!

SB
He who hingeth aboot, getteth hee-haw

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #14 by Mrsmackpaul » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:25 pm

hmmmm what strange world we live in. I no out here in Australia now they believe we have all become desensatized to the orange flashing light the high vis vest the reverse alarms ect ect I do under stand and agree that safety is the most important thing but you cant engineer out stupid no matter how hard you try and to good operators no matter what type of operators they are resent these things and find them demeanig and a lot end up leaving the job because they just get fed up with all the crap . There must be a middle ground some where.
The problem is big companys say we will do this and we will do that puffing there chest out to sound good to pick up a job and they set a precident for all others to follow anyway there just my thoughts dont shot me or hang me out to dry

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Return to “Tech Talk”