hymac370

Talk about technical issues here. Questions and answers!

Topic author
joiner

hymac370

Post #1 by joiner » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:44 pm

Hi Im new on here excuse me if things are a little out of kilter :?
I have an hymac 370 back hoe .now a problem after standing in storage with it . it will not move back or forward the converter engages and bogs the engine down (atf oil levels ok )so its hooking up and even with wheels off floor it will not engage drive to them ! any ideas it was ok when parked (8 weeks)could it be a stuck brake mechanism ? both wheels turn freely though . any help appreciated thanks in advance

essexpete

Re: hymac370

Post #2 by essexpete » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:59 pm

I don't know anything about these machine but it sounds as though forward and reverse are selecting at the same time? Is it running normally in neutral? What about if you put the main gear lever in neutral (assume is has a selection of at least 4 gears) and select fwd or rev? If it was OK before parking I wonder if there is water contamination that has caused a seizure of a component somewhere?

Topic author
joiner

Post #3 by joiner » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:08 pm

Hi there and thanks for your reply
The transmission/converter lurches forward a little when put in forward mode and same in reverse mode loading engine down ,when looking in to the gear box with top plate off the gears move too fractional when selected(back and forth)in neutral the engine runs free and is not under any loading .its as if a hand brake transmission lock is on its so positive. the gear lever is just Neutral forward and drive backward (one gear ! )

Topic author
joiner

Post #4 by joiner » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:13 pm

Sorted . took the top plate off gearbox and it had engaged 2 gears at same time jamming them up solid its all a little worn in there ! (1975) ok now. thanks for help
Ken

Return to “Tech Talk”