track chain help/advise

Talk about technical issues here. Questions and answers!

Topic author
fastrac94

track chain help/advise

Post #1 by fastrac94 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:26 pm

hi.currently i have a hitachi ex135 with 8750 hours on my first set of track chains and!!!! i need a new set badly......question......can anybody advise on the best chains for my machine???? anybody any experiences with berco??? these seem to be over 300 euro dearer dan all the rest....why is this? are they any beter???? any advise would be appreciated...

d4c24a

Re: track chain help/advise

Post #2 by d4c24a » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:39 pm

i use these people for cutting edge and they also got me two top rollers for my D4 the hold quite a range of running gear give them a try http://www.itstrac.co.uk/
there are also people selling running gear on ebay probably of Chinese origin but may be worth a call :thumbs_up:
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

nick lamb

Post #3 by nick lamb » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:00 pm

Declan,I have run Berco on D8,D6,D5 and D4 dozers for many years.They are expensive but good.Cheaper in the long run pound for hour.I haven't ran any tracked excavators though so can't comment on your Hitatchi.

IANOZ

Post #4 by IANOZ » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:57 am

To me you have answered your own ? If you got 8700hrs out of hitatchi tracks . Why would you look at aftermarket ones . WE have a couple of 20 ton hitatchi excavators ,THe newest one has hitatchi bucket and teeth. WE were told by our Teeth supplyer hitatchi were to o dear to buy, better to change addapters and teeth to another brand. hitatchi teeth lasted 1000 hrs in this aussie rock and new hitatchi ones were only about $20 dearer . WHATS CHEAPER????????? ian.

Return to “Tech Talk”